xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: F Drive Reporting 0.00mb And Slow Boot Up Times  (Read 121 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
F Drive Reporting 0.00mb And Slow Boot Up Times
« on: February 12, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

have you tried ftping in with xbmc but to me it sounds like the partition got corrupted somehow

Souleh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

Yer tried XBMC, can ftp in, the F drive is there, but again its just empty.

No way of unlocking the drive and salvaging anything from the F drive in my pc?

Damn shame if I lost all those movies sad.gif

Thanks for the replies!

rouneh

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Souleh @ Feb 13 2006, 06:05 PM) View Post

No way of unlocking the drive and salvaging anything from the F drive in my pc?

if you have a backup of your eeprom it might be worth building a livecd of xboxhdm and see if the pc can salvage any of your films using xbrowser after unlocking - if thats no joy try any dos utils from the manufacturer`s site to test the drive (ive had a deskstar drive back up and got half files off it after it bombed to a constant clicking noise- 3 days later it completely siezed)
sounds like the partition table maybe corrupt as new2moddin said, so your files should be safe smile.gif

Souleh

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Could I trouble you for some more details regarding doing that? Im a little unsure what to use / what to backup, then what to do with the HDD.

Thanks again!

midustouch

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

Hit exactly the same problem. You have to use both drive f: and drive g: for hardddisks bigger than 250GB.

See this thread for fix:- http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t490352.html

QUOTE(Souleh @ Feb 13 2006, 03:48 AM) View Post

OK so I have an xecuter 2 chip, an upgraded HDD, xbox has been running fine for like a year.

Basically, I have F Drive enabled, G drive disabled, and everything has been working fine for the best part of a year. I put xvids and stuff in my F drive and watch them using XBMC.

Today I was uploading a couple of movies to my F Drive, using flashfxp while Unlesh was booted. The F drive is like 80gb or something, and it was getting pretty full (from what I remember it was almost full with these last couple of files, dont know if that makes any difference) There were no reported errors in FXP, so I flick the TV over to the xbox connection, navigate to XBMC, from within XBMC, hit my videos, F drive, and to my disbelief it was empty?!

Well I thought maybe I had deleted everything by accident, how I have no idea, but I restart the xbox to see whats happening and then this starts happening, a very long boot time of Unleash.. Like 1-2mins, the splash screen is fine, then after the xbox logo fades away it takes about 2 minutes for the unleash screen to pop up (This is also sometimes as quick as 20/30 seconds but its clearly something to do with the F drive). Everything works fine in the dash. I have HDD info showing on the skin and its reporting the F drive as:

F: 0.00 MB Free

If I goto the storage menu under the settings menu (Hard Disk Settings Options) the F drive is shown as:

Drive F 0.00MB/0.00MB

??

So where has my F drive gone?! C E X Y Z drives all are fine, there is the usual 4.881.63MB on E, 499.92MB on C and 749.89MB on X Y Z, just F has gone all wierd.

If I log onto the dash via FTP there is no F drive in the listing to browse into..

If I use the file explorer in Unleash X, F is shown as 0, same as D.

I just cant understand whats happened, I didnt even touch anything. Any ideas? I could do with salvaging what was on that partition sad.gif

Thanks.
(BTW using latest Unleash and XBMC, bios im not sure about but like I say Ive been using it ages with 0 problems and its definately an X2 bios)