xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 120 Gig Wd Hdd  (Read 122 times)

johnney5

• Archived User
120 Gig Wd Hdd
« on: February 11, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »

i got a 120 gig wd, but it wont lock, i tried every single mode and i even tried using the WD ide cable...does anyone think i might be able to lock it with my comp + the comp software?

if not.... is there such thing as a hdd switch, so i can switch to my original xbox hdd when i want to play on live, and maybe make an external box for it?

adamfargo

• Archived User
120 Gig Wd Hdd
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

UnlockX

Try this program.  I have the WD 120 gb hd and I tried some other programs to lock/unlock it and I locked it but couldn't unlock it.  I thought I had really screwed it up and would have to buy a new one.  After much searching on the net I found this and it worked like a charm.  You have to copy a bunch of files to the floppy along with the unlockx.exe, like sys.com and stuff, but it will tell you everything.  Well good luck, I saw somewhere that not all of the WD Drives will lock, but mine did and hopefully yours will too.

johnney5

• Archived User
120 Gig Wd Hdd
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »

thanks a ton man, ill try that asap

schottjy

• Archived User
120 Gig Wd Hdd
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (johnney5 @ Feb 11 2003, 10:43 PM)
i got a 120 gig wd, but it wont lock, i tried every single mode and i even tried using the WD ide cable...does anyone think i might be able to lock it with my comp + the comp software?

if not.... is there such thing as a hdd switch, so i can switch to my original xbox hdd when i want to play on live, and maybe make an external box for it?

Is your drive the Special Edition w/ 8MB of cache? And is it a retail-boxed unit, or OEM?

johnney5

• Archived User
120 Gig Wd Hdd
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 04:22:00 PM »

its retail, not special edition tho