xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Xbox Not Reading Original Discs As Games  (Read 66 times)

Sketch

• Archived User
Help! Xbox Not Reading Original Discs As Games
« on: February 10, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »

A strange anomoly occured with my x-box today. It no longer wants to read original xbox discs as games. In Evolution X, it reports the disc as a Video disc. When I FTP to the xbox and access the D: drive, I just see the normal Video_TS and Audio_TS folders that are found on DVD movies. XBCopy only copies these folders. BoXplorer can only see these directories.

Somehow I think it is only reading the ISO9660 file system, or whatever normal DVD movies use. I dont think its reading the Xbox file system, but Im very new and I could be way off.

On a side note, it DOES read and play DVD-R backups of my original games just fine!

Anyone have any ideas? Im stumped! I've searched and searched and searched some more.. and have found no similar problems for anyone else...

Sketch

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »

Update: Today its LOADING original discs when I do a cold boot, however it will not see the game data from anywhere when I boot up with EvoX, so I cant back the disc up. Very odd.

It only sees the DVD Video dir's

any ideas? anyone? Beuller?

Cyborgny

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »

Hey, I had the same problem....Evo would report the disc as a video instead of a game. I'm using an external removable HD and had to make the IDE cable shorter. Worked great after. Put the longer cable back on, and back to only video.

Are you using a longer cable??

Sketch

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »

In essence, yes I am... as I am using a trios IDE hard drive selector switch..

I will try using a shorter cable from the xbox mobo to the trios

thanks for the help :)