xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleashx Gets Stuck In Loop At Splash Screen  (Read 127 times)

wolferine111

• Archived User
Unleashx Gets Stuck In Loop At Splash Screen
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »

when i turn the xbox on, it gets stuck in a continuous loop at the splash screen just saying "UnleashX" over and over. what can i do to fix this and prevent it from happening again?

sr_sparky

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 01:19:00 AM »

I have come across this once or twice before. It is caused by a complex tools application. Try deleting (or moving) each of your applications and see if it fixes it. This way you can narrow it down, and thus stop UX from resetting itself.

If you really need to use the app that is causing it to reset, just stick it somewhere else, where UX doesnt automatically detect it (ie, move it from e:\apps).

If this isnt the problem, then i dont know...

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

WTF?  mad.gif I can use the Krayzie Ndure softmod version with no problems whatsoever, but can't run it on a chip? Sounds like a major flaw in programing. I upgraded my X2 2.3b lite bios to 5035, and all of the other dashes worked fine except UnleashX. Loop, Loop, Loop, etc... I tried using the stock config.xml, I tried not puting a config.xml, I tried manually editing the config.xml, I tried clearing the cache and XYZ partitions, all for nothing. I refuse to rearrange or delete any of my apps and emus to get this to boot.

It seems to me that this program has issues with the X2 5035 bios, an app, and or emulator. None of the other dashes that I tried had any problems with it. Whoever designs UnleashX needs to go over their code again, because something is seriously wrong. Back to Avalaunch...

sr_sparky

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tony42077 @ Dec 10 2005, 02:19 AM) View Post

WTF?  mad.gif I can use the Krayzie Ndure softmod version with no problems whatsoever, but can't run it on a chip? Sounds like a major flaw in programing. I upgraded my X2 2.3b lite bios to 5035, and all of the other dashes worked fine except UnleashX. Loop, Loop, Loop, etc... I tried using the stock config.xml, I tried not puting a config.xml, I tried manually editing the config.xml, I tried clearing the cache and XYZ partitions, all for nothing. I refuse to rearrange or delete any of my apps and emus to get this to boot.

It seems to me that this program has issues with the X2 5035 bios, an app, and or emulator. None of the other dashes that I tried had any problems with it. Whoever designs UnleashX needs to go over their code again, because something is seriously wrong. Back to Avalaunch...

There is absolutely NO need to bag the best dashboard for the xbox! When i came across this problem, it was due to a specific xbox, i.e. not every xbox that has the complex tools app will do this. So shut the hell up...

This issue has been around for a long time, a fix was suggested. If you don't like it... deal with it!

And if you dont like unleashx, piss off... you aint paying for the software (or any for that matter). Be grateful that there is an xbox-scene!!!

A Murder of Crows

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

For some reason, on at least 1 xbox i've modded, i've had a partition error/corruption. This caused the UX boot logo to sorta "hang" or "Crash/reboot"

I know it's UnleashX related directly, probably related to how it interacts with the drive....However, there was still a problem with the drive.

The solution?

Complete reformatting of the drive. Start by backing up what you can of your E, F and G drives by using the Exploited Game Save to start FTP access. You probably will have some issues getting some files off, though you might not.

Now, get into a file manager and delete everything.

Next, find a program that formats the drive. I believe Slayers allows this. If you are using a mod that invokes a ShadowC, you need to disable ShadowC and use RealC, by means of Krayzie's Extras or something similar.

If you can, set NKPatcher to 0.6 (one big F drive, no G).

Format the F, G (if it still exists), X, Y, and Z drives.
Now, Format/Wipe out E drive.
Lastly, restore the system to retail 5960 dashboard and for a single F drive (no G).

this should completely remove any problems with your partitions. From here on out, you can use a G drive again (NKPatcher 0.67). The point of making one big F was to reset/recreate/redefine your partition tables. I always feel that Using a G drive is safer over all, and there is no direct connection between this kind of corruption and using a G drive....what seems to happen is that a single file or action causes the error, and UnleashX doesn't know how to handle it....which really is a GOOD THING....you'd never know there was a problem using Evox.

Replace your Exploited Game Saves, reinstall your chosen mod, and then update UnleashX to the latest version via the AutoUpdate feature in Settings. If using Krayzie's NDure, go back into the exploit after install is complete and customize your mods fonts for your kernel.

this *should* solve all your problems.