xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Clicking On MS Dash Freezes Xbox  (Read 64 times)

bballjoe12

• Archived User
Clicking On MS Dash Freezes Xbox
« on: November 30, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »

Whenver I clock On MS Dashboard from the menu on Unleash X, it stays on the loading screen and won't work.

Whats happening?  I also can't connect to Xbox Live when I click on it in a real game (not a backup).  It just goes to the system error screen.  Any help?

Avtraz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

For the first question did you update the Xbox Dash in your softmod installer?

and for the second question: Unleash doesn't let you go on xbox live because if you did you'd get banned.

bballjoe12

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

Someone I know did the softmod so I don't know anything about it.  Is there anyway I can download the MS Dash files then FTP them back to the Xbox?

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

yes, but im not sure how much info i can give....

Posting/Requesting/Offering direct or indirect links to Xbox Game Roms/Backups (on media, including Hard drives or burned media, RAR or Zip File, for download or for sale), MS Dashboard Files

(zero tolerance ban issue...)

Avtraz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

Try starting your xbox up with the disk tray open.

This post has been edited by Avtraz: Dec 2 2005, 11:42 PM

uberd0g

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

You've got the same problem as me. If you want the MS Dashboard option to work in UnleashX, you'll need to put MS Dash 5960 on your Xbox. This comes standard with Xboxes 1.6 and higher, but it sounds like you've got an older Xbox and will need to upgrade. The easiest way to do this is to use Auto-Installer Deluxe to delete the files from C Drive and install the latest MS Dash.

I'm doing mine in a couple of hours so don't do anything yet and I'll let you know how I get on.

bballjoe12

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 08:05:00 AM »

If I reinstall the MS Dash, will I lose everything that I already have on the hard drive such as my games, programs, emulators, roms, etc?  Then after I reinstall the dash, how do I go about getting Unleash X back?

Avtraz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

You won't lose anything, you aren't even installing the new dash. It's a simple patch that needs to be applied to your dashboard.

The way I patched my dashboard was with softmod installer deluxe. takes about 1 minute and the xbox reboots. good as new.

This post has been edited by Avtraz: Dec 4 2005, 06:11 AM

uberd0g

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 04:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Avtraz @ Dec 4 2005, 04:40 AM) *

You won't lose anything, you aren't even installing the new dash. It's a simple patch that needs to be applied to your dashboard.

If his xbox is earlier than v1.6 the patch won't work,  he'll need to install the 5960 dash before patching. The emulators and stuff will stay on his HDD though.

-----bballjoe12--------

I've just sorted out my xbox(v1.0) after the exact same problem. Try booting with the disc tray open first and select 'Patch MS Dash'. If it doesn't work, use the file explorer and look for msdash. It should be E:/backup/ms/msdash.xbe

Tell me if it's there...

This post has been edited by uberd0g: Dec 8 2005, 12:58 PM

domesticman

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

Mine does the same thing since I upgraded to the new UnleashX. Probably a problem with my config.

Not the perfect solution, but a quick fix is to go to the file manager, find the xbox dash .xbe (is it in C drive?) and click on it. The Xbox Dash will then come up.

bballjoe12

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

Would format C: drive be what I need to do?

uberd0g

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(bballjoe12 @ Dec 10 2005, 12:14 AM) *

Would format C: drive be what I need to do?

DUDE!!! Don't format anything.

You've either got a faulty link in UnleashX' config file (simple to fix) or you've got an older xbox and need to install MS Dash 5960 using Auto Installer Deluxe.

Check your C drive for a file named msdash.xbe

kics

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(bballjoe12 @ Nov 30 2005, 06:02 PM) *

Whenver I clock On MS Dashboard from the menu on Unleash X, it stays on the loading screen and won't work.

Whats happening?  I also can't connect to Xbox Live when I click on it in a real game (not a backup).  It just goes to the system error screen.  Any help?

i had the same prob.. it was just a link prob... grab your ux config file, then look up the link it refers on ms dashboard and check if that link exists (on C) .....

the link just needs renaming... (or the file)

check on ux file explorer on C and see wich of the  .xbe launches ms dash...

bballjoe12

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »

I downloaded auto installer deluxe.  Would then I patch MS Dash?  After doing this, how would I go about getting Unleash X back as my main dashboard but still allowing me to click on MS Dashboard (and actually work) in Unleash X?  I was exploring my C: drive and I see the bert and ernie exploits, eeprom backup, nkpatcher.xbe and some other crap; is it still okay if I patch the MS Dash?  Will all these files get deleted and if they did get deleted, is that okay?  Will I still be able to use Unleash X and all my backed up games and emulators?

Edit:  I just read a second ago that after doing a softmod, your xboxdash.xbe is no longer called that, but rather called msdash.xbe.  When I click on the C: drive, it does say xboxdash.xbe and xboxdash_backup.xbox.  And when I click on both of them, it just stays on the loading screen.

All I want to do is gain access to the MS Dashboard from Unleash X.

This post has been edited by bballjoe12: Dec 12 2005, 04:04 PM

kics

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

don't know why are you going in to so much prob...

which softmod installer did u used ?? (or is it a modchip?)