xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Intro Movie Issue  (Read 70 times)

TheDreamX

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« on: July 25, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

First of al, I have read every post relating to intro movies. However, I cannot get them to work in any skin or with any movie!

I have created an Xbox 360 intro movie from OurColony footage to use. It is located at "E:\Videos\x360.wmv." I have tried it at "C:\intromovie.wmv" and even in the skins' directoy or zip file. I am using the latest stable release of UnleashX, version 0.37.

I should also mention that weird things sometime happen when doing in-game resets (does not happen from cold boots/restarts). Sometimes the default skin loads. This only happens rarely. However, I should also mention that the splash screen rarely appears. I don't know if this is related or not. I have tried installing UX from scrath, but the same things always happen.

So does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for anh help.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

Well first make sure its in .wmv version 8 format
Now you will need to open the actual skin.xml for the skin that you are using and you will need yo add a line like this too it (Unless it allready exsists then change it)
<IntroMovie>x360.wmv</IntroMovie>
you will also need to put the video into the skin dir as well

TheDreamX

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jul 26 2005, 12:31 AM)
Well first make sure its in .wmv version 8 format

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

Well are you using a recent version of UnleashX the really old ones only supported xmv files
If you got broadband upload it somewhere P'M me a link and I'll check it out for you

TheDreamX

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »

Yes, I'm using version 0.37, which is supposed to support intro movies. Also, I have tried both .wmv and .xmw video files. Which files would you like to take a look at? BTW, thanks for helping out.

TheDreamX

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

Finally got it!!! I think it had something to do with the skins being zipped, since I downloaded them all from within UnleashX. I unzipped my favorite skin and put the intromovie.wmv file in the same path. It's one of the many combinations I tried before, except no zipped up!

I also, updated to 0.38, but I don't think that had anything to do with it as I tried changing settings after the update, too.

Anyway, thanks for you help, Jezz_X!

---

On a slighlty similiar note, how would I go about removing the "flubber" Xbox boot screen? I know it can be done with BIOS settings, but will that remove it permanently? Will it just remove when the mod chip is enabled or always?

sleepinginmyhead

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »

On a slighlty similiar note, how would I go about removing the "flubber" Xbox boot screen? I know it can be done with BIOS settings, but will that remove it permanently? Will it just remove when the mod chip is enabled or always?

This doesn't really have anything to do with Unleashx.  If you remove or disable the modchip, then there is no way for your xbox to boot using the hacked bios.  The original bios on your xbox will be used, and the flubber animation will be played.

tmoney_man

• Archived User
Intro Movie Issue
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 01:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheDreamX @ Jul 25 2005, 01:51 PM)
First of al, I have read every post relating to intro movies. However, I cannot get them to work in any skin or with any movie!