xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replace Dashboard Or Not  (Read 112 times)

Alchemist881

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« on: April 04, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »

Hi all. today I installed a modchip,DuoX2, and slayers auto install 2.6.  All went very well, loads of apps, perfect backups easily ftping to pc, burned a few discs just to test it out. However, Its evox with 20 really ugly dashboards so I was going to download some better ones when someone said "dont bother, install Unleash". Now that sound fine but I didnt know if all the apps Ive already got working and the ftp is sweet if all that vanishes or becomes corrupted. Is it relly worth the grief at this early stage?

thought Id get some feed back from you all as you probably had evox and changed. Cheers

KeyMastur

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »

replacing the dash won't affect your apps.  just get your FTP up and running using evox (or your slayer's disc) and then delete the evoxfiles. then ftp the unleashx files over. just make sure your config.xml points the proper locations of what you need

what bios are you using ?

Alchemist881

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »

As I understand its M8 bios. Is this dashboard that much better and is it simple to pu evox back the way it was if I dont like Unleashx.

config.xml ?

KeyMastur

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alchemist881 @ Apr 4 2005, 07:33 AM)
As I understand its M8 bios. Is this dashboard that much better and is it simple to pu evox back the way it was if I dont like Unleashx.

KeyMastur

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

config.xml : unleashx :: evox.ini : evolutionx

Alchemist881

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

No I didnt edit it. I see where your going , thats a great idea. I try that renaming of the avalaunch dashboard. But does that mean where the avalunch dash option is it will show 'change to evox' when I swap dasboards?

KeyMastur

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 08:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alchemist881 @ Apr 4 2005, 07:41 AM)
No I didnt edit it. I see where your going , thats a great idea. I try that renaming of the avalaunch dashboard. But does that mean where the avalunch dash option is it will show 'change to evox' when I swap dasboards?

Alchemist881

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »

Ok. Ive stffed it up. replaced C: dashboard files with Unleash and now on reboot I get error 13 and a see service screen. whats the easiest fix from here to get evox back up.  Please help the noobie

Alchemist881

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

FIXED   I will stick with Evox I think.

Alchemist881

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

Ok Hi all one lasy post. You think Id learnt my lesson . I ftp'd unleashx into F:
and booted it up, found a tutorial that was as simple as me. Great looking dash. I feel it is worth the effort, even if I did panic today when the box frag ed. Now Ill do as KeyMastur suggested, now that I understand a bit better, and add xml which ive moddified and default.xbe ,after renaming to evox.xbe, to C:
Hopefully it will be jobs done. I have a good boot disc now so im confident.
Thanks all, and if your thinking about changing, read up and ask someone first but is worth the effort....

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Alchemist881 @ Apr 5 2005, 09:43 AM)
Ok Hi all one lasy post. You think Id learnt my lesson . I ftp'd unleashx into F:

Alchemist881

• Archived User
Replace Dashboard Or Not
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »

Hi all. Yeah I did what I said and it worked out a treat. Boots to unleashx now and it rocks. Spent many hours downloading oodles of skins, far superior to evox skins, but have ended up liking the defaut skin the most, Still a vey sylish skin and yet simple. UnleashX is great Iwont go back. I did boot avalaunch first, plain, this is the best.