xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New Exuser Installer V. 4.0  (Read 643 times)

psyantist

• Archived User
New Exuser Installer V. 4.0
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »

micr0c0sm - what is a raw site search?  i've never heard of that term before.

laserdemon

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

I hope the dvd version becomes easier to find soon, sounds great.

kurisu

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(psyantist @ Jan 21 2005, 02:48 AM)
micr0c0sm - what is a raw site search?  i've never heard of that term before.

I know that in Flash FXP you use the raw command line to perform a search. This can be done by CTRL+R and typin "SITE SEARCH (what your looking for here)"

Raw commands allow you also to launch items from a remote locatio as well. Lets say you ftp'd into UnleashX while it was idle. You could do CTRL+R to bring up the raw command line and type "SITE EXEC E/Apps/XBMC/default.xbe" to launch XBMC from Flash FXP

Hope that made sense to anyone  :(

Pado

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »

I got a question about the "Live installation" option

In the manual it states that with the "Live installation" option
all dashboards and programs on F: will be saved.

Does that mean everything will be saved or not ??? It's a bit weird if only those will be saved ..... I'm scared to lose all my other files :P.

psyantist

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

kurisu - thanks for the info!

kurisu

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(psyantist @ Jan 21 2005, 01:09 PM)
kurisu - thanks for the info!

Nice to know you were able to understand  :blink:

soltakr

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

i jus got my xbox and on my box all the software/bios are old except i got evox3935 m8v16, so all i need to do is burn the disc and run it and i can jus update Ava+XBMC and make Ava my main dash and install the apps+emu without changing any settings? will my games on the hd be safe? and its ok that i hav xenium os2.

(havnt got network yet or pc wit lan so im hesitant to update anything since i cant backup the hd)

sorry it its explained in the manual, i keep getting error 'does not begin with %PDF' everytime i try opening it.

thanks for any help

chester40391

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

I installed this and it is BUGGED out. Install it if you want to do beta testing.  I went back to slayers.  Applications failed install, applications not found. xbmc dash error. even after choosing english some things are still german.  Hashed download so nothing wrong there.

blueinfinity

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »

yeha it woulkd seem i got stuck with some german files also

looks lieky ou guys need to get an english coder to redo everything sad.gif

comokepa

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

Many of the extended (i.e. custom) install options worked like a champ for me. I have not played with everything yet, though.

I have a pair of questions, though: my hdd is a 150 GB just put in, so at first I intended to go for the massive complete "live" install (i.e. everything on F and G). I thought twice, when I read that even that "F and G" only option, a) was going to update my MS Dashboard in C: with a newer one and b) it was pretending to format all drives, acknowledging that it was going to make automatic backups, I thought "right, in your dreamsÂ…".

So the questions are:

1) When it says "ALL drives will be formatted after backing them up" must I assume what I assume that it means ALL drives (C,E,F,G), or only all drives referred to in the description of the "live" installation (F,G)?
2) If "all" means all (C,E,F,G) why the heck do you insist on doing that in a installation which is only supposed to touch F and G?
3) Only MS updates MS stuff on my box. Did I get it right even the "live" installation will mess with files on my C drive, such as MS Dashboard?
4) Why the heck do you do that in a installation which is only supposed to touch F and G?
5) If one would go one by one through all "extended" (i.e. custom) live installations, would I be getting all the apps of a complete "live" installation (excluding tinkering with MS DashB on C).
6) Even regarding the Extended Installation, you suggest, in the manual "You should choose this menu ("Format C,E,F or G"), when you already saved everything and want to  install through the Extend-Menu..". Gosh! what's the deal with all this formatting around? Is ignoring that piece of advice going to break anything?

Anyhow, still, thanks so much for this awesome piece of work!

comokepa

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(comokepa @ Jan 22 2005, 10:35 PM)
Many of the extended (i.e. custom) install options worked like a champ for me. I have not played with everything yet, though.
Ouch! first bug. XBMC as dashboard (which is not in the manual, maybe added at last moment) does not work. q:\Keymap.xml not found blah, blah. WhateverÂ…

mayhem31

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »

Hello can somone tell me where i can get this installer. I cant use torrent (its blocked where im connecting from). Any other options i can use i have an gmail account if you can pm me we can try it that way .

Eldar88

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

try using a different proxy

Tim21

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 02:30:00 AM »

bump, I would like to know if people are still having trouble with the installation.

SenatorPalpatine

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

I installed this using the Complete Installation method.  I chose the Original or Factory HD option.  It went EXTREMELY smooth.  I liked this better than Xbox-HQ's Auto Installer 1.01 Deluxe.  For whatever reasons, I cannot change the default skin and have it stick ... only stays until there is a reboot.  I wish the manual was completely in English.  The web site is all German.

It did a great job preserving my saved games!

This post has been edited by SenatorPalpatine: Jan 25 2005, 12:43 AM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4