xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Xbconnect And Unleashx  (Read 768 times)

tizzo

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

MaDDNeSS

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(tizzo @ Jan 18 2005, 05:02 PM)
I'm more for xlink+unleashX too.. XBC finally realized they can't do without the support of xbox modders aye?  rolleyes.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kthulu @ Jan 17 2005, 04:56 AM)
rather have kia

Bio}{azard

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

Andy suggested this idea to me earlier. While possible, it is not desireable. When we pursue this, it will be done as an XBC interface and not  'hijacking' someone elses interface.  From our point of view, there is no advantage in using the xlink interface.

flat235

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »

Andy suggested this idea to me earlier. While possible, it is not desireable. When we pursue this, it will be done as an XBC interface and not 'hijacking' someone elses interface. From our point of view, there is no advantage in using the xlink interface.

I suggested adapting your XBC engine to talk to Kai UI's before. What I just proposed was considerably different.

Lemme lay it out:

User downloads XBC package, from xbconnect.com - looks like a normal XBC installer (pictures, etc. etc.)

Package contains:

> kaiEngine, called whatever-you-want - branded with XBC logo - whatever.
> xbcUI.exe - *your* UI - which your users know and love

Now see, this would be nice - your users wouldn't know the difference, they would still get a game list like now, and they would just play.

As to the "advantage" you don't see, well, XBMC, Ava, Linux, WRT, OSX, hella big userbase, lower support load, potential for xbox only engine, no server costs - I could go on..

Point is, there are no *disadvantages* to you, in my opinion.. can you think of any?

TD

Bio}{azard

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

Yes, there is.

1. We are not interested in making our project dependant on xlink or your systems.  
2. We already have our own established service and tunnel with a huge userbase.
3. The purpose of this thread was to test out the waters and see if there was interest in a 'seperate' XBC interface on the xbox.

What you are suggesting is that XBC goes away and we write an interface to Xlink's back end. Andy, you must understand this is not going to happen. We already have a back end system that functions just great.

Lets get this thread back on track. Its starting to turn into a tunnel vs tunnel bashing afair again. If not, I suggest one of the admins close it.

redwolf

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bio}{azard @ Jan 18 2005, 06:45 PM)
Yes, there is.

Bio}{azard

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

wink.gif

We could just have easily suggested the same thing to you guys, use the XBC server structure and get a all the benifits of the largest estabilshed tunnel. But we didnt. You have your project ans we have ours. I'm not saying we can't share ideas and make collaborate in the future, but what you are suggesting is a huge step that we are not interested in taking. No hard feelings Andy, and I still hope we can chat from time to time.

If something comes from this and some one steps up to add XBC to a dash or program, great. If not, great. Like I said earlier, its not a real concern to me. We are just seeing if there was interest.

Bio}{azard

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »

*cough*its all about the pro money $$*cough*

If Andy wants to program all this for free, then more power to him. Hell, EA would like to talk to anyone that programs for free. I suggest we start a thread suggesting that EA makes all their games for free. LOL . I'm not sure why this subject keeps coming up, especially in a thread that is NOT related to that at all.

redwolf

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »

wink.gif

bigduke

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

Why the the sudden turnaround? i mean, didnt the XBC team say they were not gonna go this route?

What has made you change your mind? im curious.

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bio}{azard @ Jan 18 2005, 01:03 PM)
If Andy wants to program all this for free, then more power to him. Hell, EA would like to talk to anyone that programs for free. I suggest we start a thread suggesting that EA makes all their games for free. LOL . I'm not sure why this subject keeps coming up, especially in a thread that is NOT related to that at all.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bio}{azard @ Jan 18 2005, 07:00 PM)
We could just have easily suggested the same thing to you guys, use the XBC server structure and get a all the benifits of the largest estabilshed tunnel.

RiotousCactus

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

Why do these threads always have to turn into a flame war? I like both tunnels and dont really prefer one over the other. Why cant you guys respect both xbc and kai? UnleashX and xbc working together would be a great thing and some of you are focused on a whole other thing...

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(chilin_dude @ Jan 18 2005, 02:17 PM)
Always have to get the last word don't you?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8