xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Xbconnect And Unleashx  (Read 748 times)

Kthulu

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

rather have kia

MaDDNeSS

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 06:15:00 AM »

Thanks for the support.  I am hoping James, from UnleashX replies to this.  He is the man to make it happen.  Everyone has thier prefrences of what they want.  Some users want KAI, other users want XBConnect.  KAI has an online dashboard, I was hoping maybe XBConnect can get into the same market.  Its truley up to the author of UnleashX now,

REZN8TED

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Unleash X + XBC = W00T W00T!!!!

Kthulu

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

what would be best for the whole scene is if someone made a stand-alone client that could be used as an app.  then you wouldn't have to install a particular dashboard to get kai or xbc connectivity.  of course such an app would have to have some very basic dashboard functionality like a menu of games to run kai or xbc with...evolutionx and dvd2xbox are prime candidates.

MaDDaWg836

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

The users can make a choice on who they want holding there online gaming, XBC or KIA. If you dont want it dont use it, simple as that. Whoever wants to use it then go ahead. We just want to spread out into other fields.

pdottz

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »

smile.gif

Elf_Sniper

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

I think it makes sense to use XBConnect on UnleashX. XBMC and Avalaunch have Kai, so they are out of the question, MXM is open source, so there isn't really anyone to talk to for something "official", and not many people use Evox any more (except for people starting out).

dr3yec

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

I hope this happens because i love my kai and xbmc, and having xbc unleashx or any other dash is such a great idea. Like i said 2 is better than 1. And this shouldnt be a competion, just another tool for the community.

devguy

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

As I said before, this is a great idea.  But if you could get the XBConnect engine itself working in UnleashX, maybe as an application or something, then I am sure you will get almost infinitely more support for this project.  Can someone clue me in as to exactly why the Kai engine isn't avalible for the xbox?  I kind of wish my pc didn't have to be on to use tunneling services...

BatTouSai

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Elf_Sniper @ Jan 17 2005, 11:23 PM)
... it makes sense to use XBConnect on UnleashX. XBMC and Avalaunch have Kai...

Have to cosign with the Sniper here. I don't recall how bad the beef between the  XBConnect team and the scene was, but this move does seem... oppurtunistic.  dry.gif Unless ya'll truly want to make ammends, in which case, all is forgiven.

Now having used Kai myself (in XBMC and AVA) I'd like to see XBConnect in UnleashX. More players to slay. I'll even help test!

isaac_24

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(devguy @ Jan 17 2005, 11:47 PM)
As I said before, this is a great idea.  But if you could get the XBConnect engine itself working in UnleashX, maybe as an application or something, then I am sure you will get almost infinitely more support for this project.  Can someone clue me in as to exactly why the Kai engine isn't avalible for the xbox?  I kind of wish my pc didn't have to be on to use tunneling services...

MaDDNeSS

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »

Awesome awesome awesome replies I am seeing here.  As for the reply to TD, no, this will not be a pro feature.  

To everyone offering thier support, thanks, and any bridges that we may have burnt with Xbox-scene and the modding world we are rethinking our concepts and giving back to the community that made us all what we are today.

Bio}{azard

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

James has expressed intrest in working with us a little while ago. I'm not sure if that has changed or not as I havent communicated with him directly. Actually any dashboard could integrate XBC easily as the UDP API is already built into XBC. We chose to pursue UnleashedX because Maddness first initiated contact with James. If he wants to work with us, great. If not, thats ok, someone else will. This isn't a huge rush priority for us. We are testing the waters and seeing if people are interested. If we get significant following then I'm certain something will happen. Like I said eariler.. XBC has everything already built in to remote control it.

BlueFireCM

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »

smile.gif

If more people worked on the same project i think it would go alot faster instead of being stubborn and going two ways....

and from what i've seen, xbc hates modders (or likes them and are too pussy to admit it)

so firstly in my final statement, xlink whips xbc's ass and i'll say that to anyones face anytime. and secondly, why fuck with the xbc people when the xlink community is warm-welcoming and full of source code....

I'd say that it would be best to work towards xlink's future since imho, xbc is goin into the dumps ><

So basically, if anyone is gonna add a sys-link gaming ui to their dashboard, it should most definately be xlink!

sorry, but when i feel like supporting i feel as though it must be fairly forceful

bigduke

• Archived User
Xbconnect And Unleashx
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2005, 08:22:00 AM »

I`d rather see Unleashx working with Team Xlink. I`m sure the rest of the team would too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8