xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problems Saving Any And All Changes.  (Read 215 times)

badmonkey

• Archived User
Problems Saving Any And All Changes.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

Are you using an X3 Modchip? If so UnleashX does not support the paths correctly with this chip.

Nope sad.gif

Version 1.0 Xbox, with the TSOP flashed with ind-bios (though in this process, I have tried just about all of em).

I have never been so bewildered by a problem before. Given that no one else seems to have this problem, I firure I gotta be doing something wrong somewhere. I for the life of me can't figure out what would be causing this on both mine and my friends Xboxes, and no one elses. It is just plain weird.

Any of you guys have a 200gig HD set up for F & G?

That is the only thing other than Avalaunch (which does not appear to be the problem) that my friend and I share in common on our Xboxes, though even those are actually different brands.

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (badmonkey @ Dec 2 2004, 02:23 PM)
Spoke to soon.

It worked that one time. Now it doesn't work anymore. sad.gif

This Xbox is really making my steel toed boots a little itchy for action.

if you are not still in this condition, get back to it... where you moved things into a temp directory, rebooted and settings changes saved, then reboot and they won't save.  are your apps showing up in your menu again?  if so, then UX is autodecting them again and it would seem to indicate that problem has something to do with the apps you have installed.

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

If you are using an X3 or Ind-Bios, that could be the problem.

I am using ind-bios now, but I have tried Evox M7 & X2 4981 as well. Not ot mention the other v1.0 Xbox I have Unleash X running just fine with the exact same ind-bios.

I think there is a little UX hating gremlin living in my one Xbox. sad.gif

I appreciate all the suggestions you guys have given, but I do believe I am definitely approaching the "I give up" phase. Eventually I will just back up everything that is on there, and wipe it completely clean. Hopefully then, I will finally be able to get it running, but until then, this is just causing needless frustration.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

well, a new version of unleashX is due out in not too long, so id just wait for that, maybe then you can rest at ease.

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »

smile.gif

Jagger

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

I was having the same problems as you, then I got the newest version and everything was working great... I just loaded it up again and all those problems are back.

It's almost like there's still something saved somewhere, even though the save and everything is gone. I say that because everything I set in the config when it was first loaded is still being used.

Jagger

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

Sorry for the double post but the edit button that was there, wasn't anymore...

Anyway, just wanted to say that it works great if launched from the F drive, but gives all those problems if launched from the G drive.

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »

Works perfect from F and not from G (same problem as I had through this whole thread), but that isn't really a big deal. I just don't like putting mod stuff on the retail drives, so F is acceptable.

I haven't had any of the HD problems that you are having. I dunno what all the eeprom effects, but that is the only thing I am aware of that the software can fuxx0r, that would in turn cause hardware problems.

BLoTt0_AI

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »

I don't have any solution to these problems, but this seems like a good place to share my own strange experiences. From what I've noticed and I realise that it makes no sense, is that there is some kind of issue with Western Digital hard drives. I mod a fair amount of xboxes for people locally. Sometimes they provide their own hard drives and sometimes these hardives are Western Digital (personally I stick to Maxtor). It's happened several times where I was unable to get to the dashboard at all after loading it as the main dash on a WD hd. After changing the dash to avalaunch or evox it would boot fine. Even stranger, though, is that using another non WD hard drive with unleashX as the dash worked just fine.
This actually just happened again with 2 xboxes recently that I upgraded with a black Western Digital 80gig each. Unleashx didn't work, but evox and avalaunch worked and so did using unleashx with a diffrent hd. Pretty weird stuff if you ask me.
Pages: 1 [2]