xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Version/update?  (Read 71 times)

DMJR

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« on: November 28, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »

Not complaining - love unleash x - just curious as to when we could expect an update loaded with new features (possible kai support)?

Like I said just curious.

Thanks for everything!

X2Gamer

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »

no point in rushing them in anyway, but in hope a new version of unleac=shed x comes out soon too cause it's now my favourite dasboard. UIX does look intersting though.

fezzman

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »

Wow, I didn't hear that some people got to see the wip.  I especially didn't hear that they were mad.  Hmmmm

I too am anxiously awaiting an update.  I think in the meantime I'll give the new ava a test spin.  I've not touched ava in many many moons.  Maybe I'll have a better opinion of it this time around.  Kai integrated dash is what I'm lusting.  If I could get that in UX then I'd never want/need another update.

ZASADAR

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

bah i dont care for the built in ava support unless it does not need a pc
plus not any good network games unless you like halo2 and your not sic of starwars battlefront yet sad.gif

dry.gif  read Pinned:: Unleashx V0.36.0620a Build 499 sometime soon...

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

I just got a WIP yesterday, I was not "mad", if anything, I was like YES! YES! YES!
Thats all I got to say about that. beerchug.gif

Kthulu

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »

i'm out of town this week and for the first time in a year, i didn't take my xbox with me.  imagine how sad i was when i got an email from Mr. UX stating that a new WIP was available with a working Ftp client!!!  i'm guessing the next public release will be around christmas (see my christmas wishlist in the wishlist thread smile.gif )

remember that Mr. UX is just like superman, he has a real life too.  he has to go to work everyday to pay the bills, satisfy his spouse, and feed the kids just like the rest of us mere mortals.  since the holidays are upon us, i imagine he has to make several trips to relatives houses.  and this time of year...christmas shopping is a daunting task even for superman!  laugh.gif

jonathan2007

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

Yes it is only one man working on UnleashX. It is not a team effort and it is closed source  wink.gif  but I am not saying this is a bad thing either  cool.gif

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »

@trentdadi, you make alot of assumptions about UnleashX and its author James. He isnt into "dash wars", he works on it when he can. Family and work are his main priorities. If you were an UnleashX faithfull, you would know that other developers have gave him the cold shoulder many times before. Also, He doesnt keep the dash to "himself", most of it is available on the web and thru the M$ XDK. I myself am a programer, I too keep some projects closed, but I also do release some projects on PSC. Its a personal preference, just cuz he doesnt release his work, doesnt make him a bad person.

What seperates him from those "losers" you want working on dashes, is that he is professional about his programing skills and methods. He doesnt release crap, or give release dates but he does deliver the goods. I have alot of respect for James. He alone coded UnleashX, he doesnt need a team if "losers" as you put it, to help him. Dont get me wrong, I was very pleased to see him and TeamAvalaunch work together on FTP related code. All im saying is that he just needs our patience and understanding, thats all.  

Maybe I just went overboard and flamed for no reason, but it so sounds like your trying to start "UIX vs. UNLEASHX" wars in this and other posts. Please dont. wink.gif

freakdave

• Global Moderator
New Version/update?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hectobleezy @ Nov 30 2004, 08:20 PM)
I just got a WIP yesterday, I was not "mad", if anything, I was like YES! YES! YES!
Thats all I got to say about that. beerchug.gif

omg,i can't wait...  biggrin.gif

grebulon

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

Patience. It's coming and it will knock you off your feet.

jonathan2007

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (grebulon @ Dec 5 2004, 09:44 AM)

Sounds great. Wonder how I could get a WIP?  cool.gif

celinedrules

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »

By the way, whats up with the unleashx website?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (grebulon @ Dec 5 2004, 03:44 PM)

Well I dont know about knocking you off your feet but it does have some pretty good things only really got 2 major new things in it the rest is just updates and fixes

But yeah atleast some people will be able to delete avalaunch now

grebulon

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (Jezz_X @ Dec 5 2004, 10:38 PM)
Well I dont know about knocking you off your feet but it does have some pretty good things only really got 2 major new things in it the rest is just updates and fixes

But yeah atleast some people will be able to delete avalaunch now

For me, the FTP client completely changes the way I used to work with the xbox. I now run a FTP server on the PC with all disks mapped (outside access is blocked by a firewall of course). I no longer need to go to the PC in the other room, I do everything sitting on the living room couch. This is just great.

Kthulu

• Archived User
New Version/update?
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (grebulon @ Dec 6 2004, 10:15 AM)
For me, the FTP client completely changes the way I used to work with the xbox. I now run a FTP server on the PC with all disks mapped (outside access is blocked by a firewall of course). I no longer need to go to the PC in the other room, I do everything sitting on the living room couch. This is just great.

i've been using XBMC and a Windows/SMB share for stuff like that.  however, i have a couple friends that i modded and every so often, they bring their xboxes to me to update the software.  in the past, i've just backed-up my hdd to the PC and then over-wrote the hdd with my backup.  now i can just skip the PC and do an xbox to xbox xfer.
Pages: [1] 2