xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ridiculous Bug.  (Read 141 times)

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Ridiculous Bug.
« on: August 19, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

When you press left on a horizontal menu. UnleashX crashes.

I rebooted, and then thought I'd turn the xbox off with the dvd remote. I pressed "display".

this has permanantly corrupted my UX savefile/xbe.
whenever i load the xbox it crashes.

Stupid bug to let through the beta net. Im guttered.

RudeBastard

• Archived User
Ridiculous Bug.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (endo @ Aug 19 2004, 08:39 PM)
Unleash is still a beta. The current version is 0.36.0620A. Notice the zero at the beginning? If you had bothered to read the readme it specifically states bugs may still exist.

While that may be true, let's not flame someone for reporting a bug.  If bugs aren't reported, it will never get out of beta.

I rebooted, and then thought I'd turn the xbox off with the dvd remote. I pressed "display".
I use Display to turn mine off and don't have any problems.  Perhaps something in E:\UDATA\93115330 got corrupted when you took a left on the horizontal menu.  That may be a bug with your skin and not UnleashX.

detsub

• Archived User
Ridiculous Bug.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

yup, i noticed 1 skin froze me at the game saves manager, while another didn't

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Ridiculous Bug.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (detsub @ Aug 20 2004, 07:30 AM)
yup, i noticed 1 skin froze me at the game saves manager, while another didn't

after looking a bit more into the problem - its basically pressing any unmapped button your dvd remote.
for some reason, UX dosn't always correctly recognise the remote or its buttons, causing a crash and, in worse cases, a corrupting of the save file.

@endo
UX is a beta in name only. Its stupid calling a blatently non-beta, beta.
Why would there be beta testers testing unreleased BETA's, if the dashboard wasn't a beta.
Just because UX wants the final version to be called 1.0, dosn't mean its a beta, it just means the dashboard dosn't have every conceivable feature it could. stfu. thanks. wink.gif

endo

• Archived User
Ridiculous Bug.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

@RudeBastard - I'm not flaming someone for reporting a bug. It would seem to me rather rude to refer to a problem you are experiencing as a "stupid bug to let through". Was that actually a request for help??

@world in an oyster - beta = broken, dipshit. RTFM.

RudeBastard

• Archived User
Ridiculous Bug.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »

@RudeBastard - I'm not flaming someone for reporting a bug. It would seem to me rather rude to refer to a problem you are experiencing as a "stupid bug to let through". Was that actually a request for help??

That's true too wink.gif  In fact, I'm not sure why I defended the guy now.  Must be time to increase my dosage

Souleh

• Archived User
Ridiculous Bug.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »

smile.gif