xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrade Hdd Error 13  (Read 57 times)

melon

• Archived User
Upgrade Hdd Error 13
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:31:00 AM »

the easiest way for you to fix this is to get yourself an installer such as slayer 2.5, X-disk or Skorp x.

Xcel00

• Archived User
Upgrade Hdd Error 13
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

well connected the original HDD, turned on and checked time....it was fine....turned off with CD-RW boot disc in drive, connected new HDD, still getting a error 13. i'm pretty sure the DVD Drive reads the brand of CD-RWs I have cause when the original HDD is in and eveything is up and running, it tells me it has 'Data' in the tray.

Any ideas of what i should add/sub from my CD-RW?

Maybe I should use a program but I kinda want UnleashX to do its thing...ya know.

Thanks

Xcel00

• Archived User
Upgrade Hdd Error 13
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

Do I have to burn the default.xbe as a ISO? Can I use WinISO to make it one and then use Nero to burn it. Does it matter if I use the new 0.36.0620A stuff with the old CDrive and EDrive files that are from a 0.26.0119A?

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
Upgrade Hdd Error 13
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

First off, use the newest version of UnleashX  (0.36.0620A)  Here's what you need to do:

1.  Make a folder and name it InstallCD
2.  Put the UnleashX (Newest version) default.xbe and config.xml in the folder "InstallCD"
3.  Put your CDrive and EDrive folders in here
4.  Edit the config.xml and find where it says <Menu>  Just below this add this line

<Item Action="PrepareHD">Prepare New HDD</Item>

5.  Use an ISO program for xbox to create a special ISO file.  Don't use xISO.  I recommend C-Xbox tools or Craxtion.  Make sure you choose the UnstallCD folder to be the root of the CD so the ISO file has default.xbe in it's root.
6.  Use your CD Burning program to burn your new ISO file.

Now your ready.  Boot up the xbox with the stock drive in it.  Then put in the CD.  UnleashX should recognize it as an UnleashX cd.  If you boot up your xbox with it in the drive, it should autolaunch the install cd.

7.  Plug in your new HDD and start it up with your cd-rw.  Choose prepare new hdd.  Wait!

You should find out which bios you have for certain before you prepare your HDD because it will determine how your HDD is formatted.  If you have the 4983.67 you will want to change to the 4983.06.  The *.67 bios puts everything after 137gb onto the G drive, which on a 160gb drive would create a 23gb partition, which would be essentially useless.  the *.06 bios puts everything on F.  The only time you would need a *.67 bios is if your drive is more than 260gb, because shortly after this point it starts corrupting data.  Also, many xbox apps either don't recognize the G drive, or else they don't handle it that well.  For example, XBMC mounts my F drive instantaneously, but it takes longer to mount my G drive than it does to connect to a network share!  If you want to know which bios you have, simply use the Bios Check app available in "the usual places."

Goodluck.  If you need anymore help, press my buttons.

sly8guy

• Archived User
Upgrade Hdd Error 13
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »

huh.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Upgrade Hdd Error 13
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

You just need to create a proper image and reburn. The disc, being detected as "Data" means, it's in ISO9660 format, instead of the proper XDFS. Simplex is very good for this type of operation, can't go wrong with it.

Xcel00

• Archived User
Upgrade Hdd Error 13
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

blink.gif

oh and it evox flasher thingy flashed both of my banks, can i clear one of them? dry.gif

Thanks guys