xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Implement Xbconnect Client Type Thing  (Read 194 times)

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Implement Xbconnect Client Type Thing
« on: July 02, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »

Well, topic pretty much says it all. Avalaunch is ahead of us in that it has online gaming built into the DAMN DASHBOARD!!!  unsure.gif

We have got to counteract with our own little online gaming. XBCONNECT! Would it be possible to implement XBConnect into UnleashX? Don't flame me because I am not familiar with coding.  smile.gif

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »

i think i could be possible there is this

PENiX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

Hey. Its such a shame, i still use the application XBC-link. The computer is in my parents room and im addicted to that game we all cant get enough of (halo). The only solution to being able to join and leave rooms is XBC-Link.

I remember one time i accidentally deleted the computer exe file for xbc-link, and because the x-link website was all new and upgraded thanks to kai, they no longer had the xbc-link thing on their downloads section. I spent hours looking for that exe file online (as it wasnt packaged with the xbc-link binaries for the xbox).

Finally i dont know what made me do it, but i installed the old x-link again (not kai, i still had the old install file on my comp) and found that they packaged it in the install :-P

That was horrible, because i knew it was gonna be a long night and i wasnt gonna be able to play my glorious halo :-P

Props for XBC-Link

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

XBC-Link had an .exe for PC? I thought you just open XBConnect and it works.. NO WONDER it never worked for me!  sad.gif

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

bump

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

Nobody cares about this feature?  blink.gif

hydraulix

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »

i believe kai will be implemented in a coming release eventually.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

See, the thing is... Avalaunch already has it. So why not be original and go with XBC. XBConnect gets more users anyways!  wink.gif

jonathan2007

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

but i think kai has more potential. and imo the users on xbconnect are a lot more rude than the users on kai.  wink.gif

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

I think KAI has more users than XBConnect (thats my opinion though) and it would be very cool to use it from UX.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (Musashi @ Jul 4 2004, 06:56 PM)
I think KAI has more users than XBConnect (thats my opinion though) and it would be very cool to use it from UX.

Get out of here...

XBConnect has over 100 Halo Servers and like 5 servers or more of other games. XLink is for NON-HALO.  wink.gif

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Jul 4 2004, 11:28 PM)
Get out of here...

XBConnect has over 100 Halo Servers and like 5 servers or more of other games. XLink is for NON-HALO.  wink.gif

wow, i didnt know that, my apologies.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Musashi @ Jul 4 2004, 07:35 PM)
wow, i didnt know that, my apologies.

That's ok....

A lot of people don't know a lot of things!  tongue.gif

hydraulix

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Jul 4 2004, 11:28 PM)
Get out of here...

Exactly,

nothing against halo, its a great game and all,......but enough is enough. Xlink IS  for non-halo, which is A-OK with me 8). The community on Kai is a lot friendlier and welcoming than any s00p3r l33T HAl0 haXt0r you will find on XBC. also, kai has an incredible amount of scalability for the future. it just makes sense to go with kai.

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

I would MUCH rather have integrated xbconnect. I have only been on kai once and there were only like 3 halo servers. Of course my point of view is a little biased, but isnt there a reason for so many halo servers on xbconnect? The game kicks ass and I wouldnt be surprised if its 80% or more people's favorite game. People on xbconnect can be rude but how can you people let other morons over the internet affect you like that? The internet is a place where you dont have to take shit from people. You are losing to them by moving to a less popular tunneling program because they are "mean" to you.

Why don't we just have both systems integrated? Is there somthing holding us down to one or the other?

Oh and where is that XBC-Link exe? I have it on my xbox and want to use it but i cant find the PC counterpart ANYWHERE.
Pages: [1] 2