xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Version Woes  (Read 195 times)

nimbles

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« on: June 09, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

strange i've had no probs apart from music skipping sometimes when using settings

for the flicker, goto system->settings->video and filter level from 0 to 1 or 2 and save the settings

as for the lock up on submenus and apps loading- i know he said you can use your old config.xml but generally i always completely delete an app (keeping a back up of the old conifg/settings file) and edit the new one

I had no problems- the skins integration is not really a bug either- a lot of skinners have not uploaded they're strings in a format that unleash can handle (the skin has to have a folder and in that folder there has to be a skin.xml or if using zip files, there has to be a skin.xml file in the root of the zip, which itself has to be the root of the skin folder). there are alot of skins that either have multiplesub folders or differen skin.xml's that are slightly renamed to give the end user different options for the skin  (e.g. G: support/ preiview vids/ etc.)

crobar

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »

Random locking-up when going into sub-menus (very frequent), including some loud buzzing. didnt notice the problem until I turned my soundtracks on, but may be unrelated.

if you are using mp3s as your sound track this could be the problem ...the system will lock up on mp3s with vbr...  hopfully we see a fix for this soon

Settings menus have lots of flickering, I turn on "higher refresh rate" and it looks great (no flickering), then I restart and its back to flickering, so I turn higher refresh rate OFF, it looks great, I restart: same thing... so its just the changing of the setting thats fixing it, not the setting itself...

set the filtering to 1 that does the trick...

Game icons do not show up, even when I delete the items.xml (or whatever its called) file... They showed up until I switched skins, but this is the skin I was using with the last version and icons showed up fine.

this is a skin problem, it seems the  newer script isnt working...
to fix:
was..
CODE

make this:
CODE

magemasher89

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

Msdashboard text for launching msdashboard has a bug. pressing start letting yu edit the icon  pic image will let you choose the png file but will not save.
And any of the other main page apps under the editing the icon is greyed out.
Under Apps, the editing icons are working fine.
just letting you guys know.

huh.gif

lotw

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (crobar @ Jun 9 2004, 01:53 PM)
if you are using mp3s as your sound track this could be the problem ...the system will lock up on mp3s with vbr...  hopfully we see a fix for this soon

Funny I have over 7000 MP3s on my Xbox and they are all in the AVBR format (Average VBR) set to 192bit and I have zero lockups.

thingonaspring

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 07:41:00 AM »

The problem of locking up on submenus - I've seen this myself, usually on "Applications". I've tried to pinpoint the cause by deleting one app at a time, and it seems that sometimes scanning "complex tools 1.6" kills it. Deleting complex tools has definitely improved matters anyway.

Another theory I was working on was that if you're logged into FTP and looking at the apps directory, that would make it crash. I'll try a few more iterations of testing to pin that and the complex tools theory down.

BTW am running bert/ernie reloaded on a no-modchip xbox with PBL1.4 and Evox 4979.06 BFM bios.

ColSandoz

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

for me it happens in Emulators and Apps mostly, happened once in games... I do have complex tools (latest version), but somehow doubt its the problem (but who knows)...

happens whether Im logged into FTP or not, so its not that for me.

melon

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

I dont like to do this but i need to find a copy of the new version.

Ive looked on the usual places (irc.z.....) but i can only see the older versions. Ive looked on all the bit torrent sites i know, without luck.
Could someone please pm me details of where i can get it??
Its sooo frustrating. I have been looking forward to the new release, then it comes out and there is a massive thread about how good it is. And i cant find it sad.gif

If im not allowed to ask this then UnleashX i apolagise and please delete it.

melon

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

thank you thank you thank you.
I have been using an irc channel but lately its not been upto date.

MissSplitch

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

Well, yesterday the screensaver xmv I made worked; now that I go to show it to people, it doesn't come on no matter what interval I put on. The only difference is what room its in, and that there's 2 controllers plugged in instead of 1.

And as for that blue screen that suddenly pops up between the fade and the skin load; what's the point of having the logo fade out all neat to a black screen, and then jumping to a blue screen before loading the skin? Why not have the interstitial color be black as well, or be able to be set in the options somewhere, since I'm sure that there's going to be some yutz who just can't get enough of the blue screen, now that I'm against it.  dry.gif

Also, the loadingpicture fades in from black, whereas before I thought it faded in from the previous screen. Fading from black doesn't look too good on most things, I find.

aweirdguy

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

I had the same problems:

the filtering = 1 fixed the flickering
deleting complex tools fixed the menu locking up

MissSplitch

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

Keep up the good work, UX; it is very appreciated.

If I might also register my concern with keeping UX data in E: with the savegames outside of config.xml, I personally don't like the idea. Whereas for some reason the gamesave manager didn't delete anything but the UX data (perhaps covered already, I haven't been around lately) it did kill the UX data when I told it to, which brought back my screensaver until I turned it off, which now the screensaver doesn't come up.

So if possible, would you be able to make the config.xml contain everything, with no reliance on E:? It's be better for those of us who use UX as a default dash for installs as well.

grebulon

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Jun 10 2004, 06:44 AM)
... I'll remove the blue screen as well, as it was something I was experimenting.

I was kind of hoping instead of removing the blue screen, perhaps you could just add something like the following text:
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 8038c510)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL*** Address 8038c510 has base at 8038c000 - Ntfs.sys
laugh.gif

emotion

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

dry.gif

2) ntsc/pal switching works fine, but.... if i restart xbox, it stays in last used video mode, and this is very annoyning because xbmp won't start then (i have pal xbox 1.1 and therefore i use xbmp in pal mode)

thanks for any advices   smile.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (grebulon @ Jun 10 2004, 08:22 AM)
I was kind of hoping instead of removing the blue screen, perhaps you could just add something like the following text:
laugh.gif

lol.. unexpected, but funny,  not something i want to see in UnleashX

MissSplitch

• Archived User
New Version Woes
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (grebulon @ Jun 10 2004, 03:22 AM)
laugh.gif

You gotta get the big 2000-style dump pages there; that'll freak people out even more.
Pages: [1] 2