xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Unleashx V0.35.0605a  (Read 1572 times)

the black box

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

Whenever i reboot from the dash i get on off on off then red green flashing.

Edit: fixed it and it works great now. Excellent job on the dash unleash!

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

Well, preview icon is NOT working like with the previous version was, please, UnleashX, give some instructios of what has changed in the skin config file structure so i can make it work again.

I think it is not config.xml related, because i have already tried using the default file without changing anything and it still doesn´t work.

Greets!

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (PENiX @ Jun 7 2004, 10:52 PM)
And to SniperKilla: Just because you're an avalaunch fan doesnt mean you have to come along in the unleashx forum and crap it, you jealous BEAST

I've been using unleashx since version one, and i never liked avalaunch, but i dont go into the avalaunch forum and complain about their new version and shit.

Grow up, clown

i dident come here starting shit.. so i suggest you back up..

i came here to make some simple observations and point out obvious bugs i found while looking at this new version...

i downloaded like 10 vids now all the ones i try to dl say the file is the wrong format

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »

ok, i am making some findings for this game icon problem by mayself, it seems thas this structure doesn't works anymore, it displays NOTHING:

<GameIcon Enable="True" Opacity="0">
<Position Top="121" Left="97" Width="122" Height="124" />
</GameIcon>

But this structure still works like before:

<Image Top="121" Left="97" Width="122" Height="124" Source="GameIcon" />
<Image Source="GamePreview" />

Just edit your favorite skin.ini and let the game begin!

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

sad.gif  sad.gif

plz.. this needs to be fixed!

Mi screen settings are:
4:3 screen
480i
PAL 60
Soften: NO
Flicker Filter: 2

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (chaosbringer @ Jun 8 2004, 02:00 AM)
A few bugs I noticed:
-Blue screen when returning to the dash from an app/game
-When choosing a different skin, after rebooting the xbox the dash reverts to the old skin (selecting the different skin multiple times fixes this problem).
-When I select a game and let the preview video load, the xbox mutes the soundtrack to play the preview audio.

All in all great release.  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

-As it says at the bottom of the skin selection screen, you MUST press "start" or A two times to SAVE your skin settings, not only selecting it and push B to return.

- The soundtrack is muted when a video/preview video with sound is played. I think this is a feature, not a bug wink.gif

Another thing, anybody knows how to take screenshots from UnleashX to make some proofs of what i stated in my previous post about "white little shadow" surrounfing images??

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

Yup I tried fast refresh with the different combinations of the filter level. Still no luck. What's bothering me right now is the fact I can't change skins in UX to see if I get flicker in other skins. I'm assuming the flicker is due to a single pixel width somewhere interlacing back and forth...

Koo Amon

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »

Love the new features, Hate the new bugs.

I have seen it crash 3 times now.
Once in the File manager (I had just clicked on C/items.xml)
Then in the Settings menu
Also while browsing games

Then there is the flicker problem.  I have tried 1080i every different way (Filter 0-5, Fast refrest, and messed with Pal settings) on two separate monitors (NEC Multisync 95 19" and Samsung 240T 24")  Nothing seemed to fix the flicker besides changing to 720p.

The Game save manager is awesome if it worked properly.  Last the Game Icon thing.  It doesn't really bother me but I would like to see this fixed.

Other than that keep up the good work.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

I found that MilkX works (meaning it allows me to change between these skins) along with Console UI 2. But now I can't get back to FLighTs XBOXpro. All other skins (along with the default) so far freeze upon load. Tried at both 480p and 1080i. Both skins are still giving me the flicker as well at 1080i. 480p obviously has no flicker but I can't get the skins to look good at 480p due t the bug below:

Another bug to report, screen calibration with R thumbstick won't work for me right now. Left thumbstick works with the upper left but R thumbstick for bottom right wont move the screen at all.

feflicker

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

Another bug to report, screen calibration with R thumbstick won't work for me right now. Left thumbstick works with the upper left but R thumbstick for bottom right wont move the screen at all.

You use the Trigger to select the one you are adjusting, the thumbstick to adjust.

Thanks for the release!

Please get rid of the blue screen, or atleast make it black wink.gif

Also, where are the screen coordinate settings stored? On the E:\ drive somewhere? I can't seem to find it.
EDIT: The folder is E:\UDATA\9e115330\

It would be nice if *everything* was stored in Config.xml (my personal opinion -- I install apps to all the new Xboxs I mod, and it is a bit of a pain to *manually* set all the options that are not configurable from the Config.xml each time).

Once again, thanks!

$eEnN|i

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

this version keeps on crashign whenevr i try to change the skin and it is piossing me off casue i can't change it......also still freezes alot.....i am going to have to revert back to the older version cause hat one is much more functional i belive untill these bugs get fixed

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (-FourDoor- @ Jun 8 2004, 03:35 AM)

Still can't get my skins to work though. What are the skins you guys are using for UX right now that you can change in and out of?

I have been messing around with skins a lot for an hour because i was updating my own skin to fit the new features of UnleashX. I have beeing exchanging them, trying things, loading one skin and then another, an i must say that was rock stable, it didn't even crashed once, as opposite, the previos version crashed sometimes when i was doing similar things and even more often if i was using zipped skins.

I thing you may need a "clean install" to avoid these unstability you are having.

Cheers! beerchug.gif

spudnik187

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

For some reason after the blue screen I would get the Xbox Live intro video then Unleash would launch.  After I downloaded and changed to a different skin it quit playing the Xbox Live video.  Also, is there supposed to be an option to download preview vids for the games?

DrDeceased

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »

I upgraded mine, left my xml and added the line.
Its working flawlessly for me.
I have downloaded a few skins with the new feature and am making one of my own right now.

As far as adding apps goes, all you have to do is run it once from the file manager and it will be added into the items.xml

Flickering and screen size were easily solved by playing in the video settings. (normal full screen NTSC)
Love the new system menus's.

Everythings been a go for me so far, I have not found anything buggy yet.

All my gamepreviews and sounds work, with the skins that support them.

Great job!

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.35.0605a
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  Unfortunately the flicker is still there, but at least now the all the skins work again. Need to modify the inis on some of them to get icons back on some.

Even with the Color set to 16bit I still can't get the flicker to go away at 1080i...  sad.gif I guess I'll be reverting back to 480p for now and disable 1080i till later...

I'm totally loving the slideshow UX!  Thanks again for the great new features... pop.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11