xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lil Bit Of Help 4 A Semi-newb  (Read 69 times)

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Lil Bit Of Help 4 A Semi-newb
« on: May 24, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

I believe the BGM is the xbox default music.  You can change the BGM in the settings (currently only supports .wma but hopefully it will support mp3 at least).

Xbox_guru

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

thank you

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

That "annoying atmospheric sound" is the same sound that you hear when you're in MS dash. Funny thing is, more that just a few people complain about it. I wonder if I should just remove it, after all, it just adds up to the process. What do you guys think, should I take it out, or not? I don't think we need a poll, but in case anyone think we do, then make one.

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

Since we can't respond in the other thread I'll do it here.  You should keep it (I honestly don't like it) but it's good if the person doesn't have any bgm and if there was a way to disable it, besides renaming/deleting the folder.

Xbox_guru

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

wow..thanks but could i throw in my own music??

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

You can either rip your cds for BGM, or you can upload them to a folder,  (must currently be WMA but hopefully at least mp3 will be supported ) and choose "custom" in the settings under music.  If you want them both to play you choose "both" (duh! d= )

El Pollo Diablo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

and the last one is. im using unleashx and i cant play my games unless i put them in then reboot xbox. unleash shows them as videos. i CAN boot games from dashboard......right?

Are you using a soft mod? This is a problem some people were having when they didnt do the softmod properly. ie Signing every program with the font key rather than using Phoenix Bios Loader.

If this what your doing. Download PBL and set it up by following one of the several tutorials about it. After that you wont need to sign your apps and you should be able to boot games from the dash.

btw I use a softmod with PBL and havent had a single problem.