xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Copy Game Disk  (Read 58 times)

infidelity

• Archived User
Copy Game Disk
« on: May 24, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

morbidpete

• Archived User
Copy Game Disk
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (infidelity @ May 24 2004, 02:19 PM)
I went to use the "Copy Game Disk" function, and it automaticly decided to create a "Games" folder, and it decided to place it on my G Drive. Is there a way to edit this somehow, to have it just create the game folder itself onto my F drive. Example.   F:/XBOX/whatevergame/        

Thank You for your replies!!  biggrin.gif

did ya check the ini file? i personaly dont use that feature myself..but i would think the path would b in there somewere

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Copy Game Disk
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (infidelity @ May 24 2004, 09:19 AM)
I went to use the "Copy Game Disk" function, and it automaticly decided to create a "Games" folder, and it decided to place it on my G Drive. Is there a way to edit this somehow, to have it just create the game folder itself onto my F drive. Example.   F:/XBOX/whatevergame/        

Thank You for your replies!!  biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure that you cannot change the location of where it dumps the games too... I too would like the ability to change the location... actually.. it would be nice if it popped up a box that allow you to confirm or edit the location that it dumps to for each game...

infidelity

• Archived User
Copy Game Disk
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

I checked Config.xml and found nothing that shows a path for it. *sigh* it's a very excellent feature, but I'd like to tell it where to go.

infidelity

• Archived User
Copy Game Disk
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

I have "X-Games" as the homebrew games. "XBOX" as the xbox retail games. & "Emulators" as emulators.

Thank you for letting me know that the newer release will contain this feature. I was using the File Manager to do the job, and it did it great. I just noticed the Copy Game Disk feature a few days ago, and thought, WOW, waht a cool feature!! Thanks for all of your replies!!

Kthulu

• Archived User
Copy Game Disk
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

yeah, i used to have my games setup like this:

F:\games\xbox-games
F:\games\nes-games
F:\games\snes-games
...etc...

i decided to make things easier on myself and arrange them like this:

F:\games (for xbox-games, most dashes/apps assume this is where you put them)
F:\roms\nes-roms
F:\roms\snes-roms
F:\roms\psx-roms
...etc...

alsybub

• Archived User
Copy Game Disk
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

I just had a thought, does the game backup tool have the latest media flag patches built in? also does it rename the file lengths like with toca2 for instance? Or should i just keep using the individual apps?