xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Background Music  (Read 100 times)

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Background Music
« on: May 20, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »

Does anyone have any suggestions for background music and/or sound effects (a link or two would be nice).  I think I do want some background music but I don't like using my music (punk mainly) as bgm as it doesn't give that proffessional sound.  Looking for possibly some good ambience music.

Dasgooch

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

I have played around with quite a few different combinations of personal playlist and ambient sounds.  The one I like the most is Movie sound tracks from epic films, for instance Glory or Gladiator work well.  But my personal favorite right now is Fight Club by the Dust Brothers.  Everyone that hears that playing always thinks its pretty cool whether or not they have seen the movie, but its better if you have.

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

I have that and it's really the only thing playing.  I also have Enigmah, funny since I use to have an enigmah chip...okay maybe not funny d=.  I'm also using movie soundtracks like Kill Bill and The Matrix.  I'm just looking for something that sounds really good.  I would also like to find some sound effects since I dislike the MSDash ones >_<

Kthulu

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 06:43:00 AM »

check out the .wma music on Knights of the Old Republic game.  i've been using those forever.  i don't use all of them tho...just the 'area' tunes...

openwindow

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

tongue.gif

testerx

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

I got to go with the classics.  The Grateful Dead.  Casey Jones you better watch your speed.

I was thinking about going with a Danny elfman tracks as well.

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

Danny Elfman music makes me want to go kill myself d=  If only I could find my Bram Stokers Dracula and Edward Scissorhands score.... \=  

I'm basically looking for just music w/ little to no speaking/singing.  Too bad I can't think of any good instrumentals ~_~

Javienn

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

wink.gif

Try out OcRemix and look for some more instrumental arrangements.  There is some very high quality professional stuff ont hat site, but at the same time there is also some not so high quality stuff.

If you enjoy that,  try out VGMix for some more. smile.gif

-Jav

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Background Music
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (Javienn @ May 21 2004, 03:58 AM)
I recommend some classic video game music with a new twist. wink.gif

Try out OcRemix and look for some more instrumental arrangements.  There is some very high quality professional stuff ont hat site, but at the same time there is also some not so high quality stuff.

If you enjoy that,  try out VGMix for some more. smile.gif

-Jav

Funny thing is I just remembered those sites as I was coming here to post them.  You read my mind d=