xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Doesnt Read Game Files  (Read 107 times)

deezp1

• Archived User
Doesnt Read Game Files
« on: April 25, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

Hopefully this is a simple fix, I recently installed UnleashX and love it, but there is a minor problem I ran into.  I have been using pxhdd loader to copy my games to the hdd, and I have .xml file pointing to the pxhddloader folder, but in the unleashX main menu, under the games submenu, it only list the root folder for pxhdloader and not the individual games.  now this is fustrating because the whole reason I got unleashX was for the game previews and file pics.  is there a way I can fix this.  

My path for the games is as followed

<Path>F:\hddloader</Path>

am I doing this right or do I have to point it to each individual folder?

thanks for the help!

deezp1

• Archived User
Doesnt Read Game Files
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 02:12:00 AM »

thanks tweaqr for the reply,
all of my games are directly located in the hddloader folder and automaticly labeled PxGame01, PxGame2, etc. and this is same for the G drive as well.  if it helps I have the UnleashX_0_31_0229A build.  should I try a different build?

also one other quick question, what is the password for the "format menu" section, or should I not try to explore that area?

deezp1

• Archived User
Doesnt Read Game Files
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

one quick question, the songs that play at the menu screen, is there a way to point its path to more than one music folder or am I going to have to compile a "best of" folder that will play my favorites?  thanks again

deezp1

• Archived User
Doesnt Read Game Files
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »

So this is what I did:

1. I checked the settings and the F Drive was already set to "true"
2. the G drive was set to "yes", so I changed it to "true"
3. Added a game path <Path>G:\HDDLoader</Path>
4. Deleted the item.xml file
5. Rebooted my xbox

So after I rebooted, all of the games from the G partition were listed,  but, the F partition games were still not be listed.  Weird!  The only things that is listed from the HDDLoader folder in the F partition was "px HDDLoader" which when I select it just sends me to HDDLoader app.  So it is reading that folder, but it is just not listing the games.  

So I started doing some experiments: First, I deleted the path to F, restarted the xbox and re-entered the path, thinking for some odd reason its just not readind it correctly (I know this is far fetched, but had to try it), but still no go!

Next I took of the game folders from F:\HDDLoader folder and moved it to the F:\Games folder and rebooted the xbox and that game was now being listed under the unleashX game submenu.  Now I don't want to move the rest of the games to the games folder because if I ever wanted to delete one of the games it would be tough to know what games were which because they are listed by a number, not by the games names.

I know you said this is the best build of UnleashX, but what do you think if I just reinstalled it.  do you think that might solve the problem?  Im just throwing out ideas because, like I said, I love the unleashX dash and I want to use it to its full potential.  It is just this one little glitch that is bothering me.   Thanks for helping

Javienn

• Archived User
Doesnt Read Game Files
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

I know this might sound incredibly stupid, so I sorry ahead of time.

I have seen this happen time and time again where situations like this arise with some of my customers, and all it works out to be for 95% of them is that the search folder listed in the config.xml file is not EXACTLY the same as the folder on the Xbox.

In short, someone had the folder HDloader, and the xml was looking for HDDloader, obviously, this wouldn't work.  Why don'y you post the menu portion of you xml file and some of us can take a looky and see if there is something in there that is the culprut.

-Jav

deezp1

• Archived User
Doesnt Read Game Files
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

Here is a copy of a portion of my .xml file:

<EnableDriveF>True</EnableDriveF>
 <EnableDriveG>True</EnableDriveG>
 <LEDColor>Red</LEDColor>
 </Preference>
 </Settings>
- <Menu>
 <Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
- <List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
 <Path>E:\Games</Path>
 <Path>F:\Games</Path>
 <Path>G:\Games</Path>
 <Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
 <Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
 <Path>G:\HDDLoader</Path>
 </List>

and the HDDLoader folder is named "HDDLoader", not "HDLoader", HD Loader", or HDD Loader

deezp1

• Archived User
Doesnt Read Game Files
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

Do you think it might be a bad install?  I think I might try deleted the entire UX folder from my HDD and reinstalling the same one.