xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Code 7, Works, Then Error Code 7 Then...  (Read 112 times)

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Error Code 7, Works, Then Error Code 7 Then...
« on: March 29, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

Try clearing the cache, also check your config.xml, if you open it with Internet Explorer, it will display any errors in it. as far as the long boot time, from what Unleash himself said, the next version will boot faster. You can also try DELAYLOAD=TRUE (in the folder tag in config.xml) that will load your menus after booting....thus making booting faster.....

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

I agree, Ive fixed plenty of xboxes with error 7

modded and unmodded, that HDD of yours is toast, send away for a replacement

senergy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

i was getting alot of error 7's as well which i put down to a dead hdd. but upon uping the fan speed and a little mod to the hdd tray it seems to have calmed down now. so dont jump to replaceing your hdd so quickly i learnt.

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

I started getting error 21 a few random times.  Then it started to do an error 7 on almost every boot...it was really getting tiring.  I got it to boot so that I could make a more current backup of my hdd (with plans of replacing it).  Then when I had the cover off of my case I decided to disconnect my cathode from my hdd power and just run stock power.  Ever since then I've not gotten a single error...been almost a week now.

Very odd..........

I've got a splitter that I plan on trying and see if I get the errors again once I've got my c.c. hooked back up.  Maybe the cc is causing too much of a drain on my hdd by having it hooked up that way (even with the cc power off it would still give the error).

brekfist

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

It is probably your HD but check and make sure the yellow power cable for the dvd rom is plugged in nice and tight.

The LukeMan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

rotfl.gif  biggrin.gif