xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Loading Screen "goes Funny"  (Read 90 times)

MonteGuy

• Archived User
Loading Screen "goes Funny"
« on: March 29, 2004, 03:49:00 AM »

I'm sorry to get off topic - I have no idea what is causing the ? mark on your screen.  Sounds like the ? character is mapped to the TM emblem, in the font - but I have no idea how the fonts in the Xbox work so that is just a guess.

I am curious to what your original problem was since I didn't see the post before you edited it.  I have a friend though that had a problem with the screen going all distorted for a few seconds and then the loading screen would suddenly appear properly.  If that was your original problem can you describe what you did to the video mode to correct it??

Thanks

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 08:19:00 AM »

This distorted image problem is caused by using a high definition pack and turning on the different HD modes (i.e. ****i) If you turn these options off, or use the standard AV pack, the problem will disappear.  This is due to the fact that unleashx still needs an HD pack.  

@monteguy, I think the next version of UnleashX will support more characters (such as the tm) because the current version does not.

fireflier

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »

I don't have a HD pack and I get the distorted image when app is selected then it goes to load screen and is fine......so how do I fix this?  thanks in advance.  ok just re read wabid's post, I do have my msdash set for widescreen, but I thought this related to the way a dvd would play....oh well, live and learn, will change that, thx.

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

it just tells it the size of ur tv, letterbox dvds play the same.

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

It's the Widescreen setting that caused the screen to go fuzzy. Fixed.