xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrading To Latest Release  (Read 61 times)

jfullam

• Archived User
Upgrading To Latest Release
« on: March 18, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »

Dumb question...I currently have the version prior to the latest... If I want to upgrade to the most current version, do I just replace the .xbe with the latest or do I need to have the latest config and skin xml files?

BOT_toNka

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 02:16:00 AM »

just the .xbe will do.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 02:33:00 AM »

After you have performed the correct ceremonies
and offered up the proper sacrifices
just replace the default.xbe (or whatever you happen to have renamed it to)

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (lotw @ Mar 18 2004, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (jfullam @ Mar 18 2004, 12:13 PM)
Dumb question...I currently have the version prior to the latest... If I want to upgrade to the most current version, do I just replace the .xbe with the latest or do I need to have the latest config and skin xml files?

It is always a good idea to use the default.xbe and the config.xml.  There are some additions to the config.xml that were not in the previous version.  Also deleting the Items.xml and the game save info for UnleashX is also suggested.  That way you basically start without anything from the old version being allowed to creep in or screw up the new version.

The same goes for XBMC, if you leave the game save you can get XBMC to crash and not load until you delete the save files for it.

Well.. I can agree with deleting the save game.. but I personalize my config.xml a lot... and copying a 'fresh' one over isn't an option.... for a lot of people ... perhaps they don't personalize their config.xml.... so replacing is no big issue... but for me.. I do.. and I don't wanna do it over... I suggest.. 1st just copy the default.xbe over.. then try a fresh config.xml (if necessary)... you can still open the fresh config.xml anytime to look at new stuff in it...

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

For the most part, you can just copy over the xbe. If there was any additional tags, it can be added automatically by going to the settings screen. And if it was concerning new action commands, then you just have to copy and paste the new tags to your personalized config.xml.