xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unleashx V0.30.0222a Realeased  (Read 334 times)

chad000

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.30.0222a Realeased
« on: February 22, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

Some nice additions...My fav is the text editor...Again, very nice work UnleashX biggrin.gif

edit: I also can't spell released unsure.gif

Version:   0.30.0222A
Release Date:   02/22/2004

Fixed:   Frequent lock ups when doing an IGR.
Fixed:   XBE Title editor messes up the title when editing to a shorter title.
Fixed:   Pressing Display button on the IR control to turn the xbox off was broken.
Fixed:   Using MessageBox in batch execution cancels the entire process.
Fixed:   Fan Speed gradually goes back to the default value.
Fixed:   Fan Speed and Memory display doesn't include the fraction part. 2.5x is being displayed as 2.0x.
Fixed:   or rather changed. Embedded game icons won't show if you didn't put anything on the Item element in config.xml.
Fixed:   Problem with the newer IR Control.
Fixed:   Background music (BGM) gets muted even though the audio of preview video is disabled.

Changed:   EnableDriveF default value was changed to False. This should ensure greater compatibility with older BIOSes.
Changed:   Default Infotext Font was expanded to include characters 128~255, so it's now possible to display the © and ® characters.
Changed:   Virtual keyboard expanded to include accented characters.The Alphabet<->Symbol button is now changed to Alphabet->Symbol->Accents
Changed:   USB keyboard mapping to gamepad events. Enter key maps to A, Esc to B, Ctrl+Enter to Start and Ctrl+Esc to Back button. This should make using USB keyboard with the text editor easier.
Changed:   WMA (BGM) decoding engine, and overall handling. Random option limits the selection to the same track and will only change track if all the songs have been played.
Changed:   Option to play ripped WMA only, custom music only, or both. The old configuration will still work (<EnableSoundTrack>True</EnableSoundTrack>) but it will be mapped to "Off" and "Both".
  <EnableSoundTrack>Both</EnableSoundTrack> -Posible values:Off, Xbox, Custom, Both
Changed:   "Copy DVD" option on the file manager so that instead of taking the current selected item as the destination, it will ask the user for one, using the virtual keyboard.
Changed:   Batch command is now expanded to handle any number of level. Previous implementation will only handle the "Items" element from the parent "List" element. The parent "List" element can contain as many "List" element up to several levels deep. Because of this the "AskUser" command is modified to exit the current level and skip the remaining items on queue, unless it belongs to the top level menu.
Changed:   "Path" element can now be placed right after the "Menu" Element, not just within a "List" element.
  All your games can now be listed on the root menu, not just as a sub menu.

Added:   Integrated Text Editor. Find and select your txt, xml, ini from the File Manager.
Added:   Video mode Auto-Detect/Auto-Switch using Cherry's patch code so it's EEPROM safe (Doesn't modify and write to EEPROM). Force PAL60 option is also included. A simple reboot reverts everything back to original settings. It's smart enough to apply only when needed. Note: Multi-region titles like RainbowSix3 won't be set.
   <AutoVideoMode UsePAL60="False">True</AutoVideoMode>
Added:   LED Color settings. Possible values: Default, Red, Orange, Off
Added:   CPU Temperature Threshold. The dash will dynamically increase the fan speed until it reaches the desirable temperature level.
   <LEDColor>Orange</LEDColor>
Added:   Horizontal Menu layout. <Menu Horizontal="True" Smooth="True" ShowIcon="True" Rotate="False">
   This will also enable Dpad Left and Right as an additional input for navigation.
Added:   Freeform Menu layout. You can now put items anywhere on the screen.
   <Menu Smooth="True" ShowIcon="True" Rotate="False">
  <ItemPos Left="285" Top="96"></ItemPos>
  <ItemPos Left="310" Top="138"></ItemPos>
  <ItemPos Left="315" Top="180"></ItemPos>
  <ItemPos Left="310" Top="222"></ItemPos>
  <ItemPos Left="290" Top="264"></ItemPos>
   </Menu>
   The ItemPos element can contain Width and Alignment attributes.
Added:   You can now include a non-selectable menu item. To do this, don't include the action attribute to an Item element.
   <Item Icon="C:\Games\Action.png"> -= Action =- </Item>
Added:   You can now include a blank, non-selectable menu item. To do this, don't include the action attribute, and don't put anything for the value to an Item element.
   <Item></Item>
Added:   TextEditor to the Action command. Ex: <Item Action="TextEditor">Text Editor</Item>
Added:   X2IGR_ON/X2IGR_OFF action commands. Ex: <Item Action="X2IGR_OFF">Turn Off X2 IGR</Item>
Added:   SetClock action command. Ex: <Item Action="SetClock">Date/Time Settings</Item>
Added:   InputBox action command. Displays the virtual keyboard and wait for user’s input. This is useful when doing an installer disk, giving the user the capability to choose the destination.
   <Item Action="InputBox" Arg1=”KB Caption”>Sample Value</Item>

To use the value entered by user later, you can use the keyword KBResult or $KBResult$ to combine it with any text. Ex: <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1=”Hi”>You entered ‘$KBResult$’</Item>, or
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1=”D:\CDrive” Arg2=”KBResult”>Copy C Backup</Item>

Note that the use of $KBResult$ is case sensitive. Also, do not use KBResult and $KBResult$ after asking for password. In the event that a password is required for an item, ask for another input again from the user.
Added:   Context Menu. Press start button to bring it up. Options available are Select/Play, Information, and Backup to Harddisk (backup only for that specific game/title). The type of information displayed is dependent on the type of the currently selected item. The context menu will be expanded to include more actions in the future.
Added:   Ability to personalize/name your DVD compilation disk by simply adding a file named "DiskTitle.txt" containing the alternate Title you want. Instead of having a disk with title showing as "UnleashX CD", or "MediaXMenu"(?) or "RemoteX"/"Evox CD", you can have it like "MultiGame disk Vol. 2" or "Halo/MechAssault Disk". Note: For UnleashX bootdisk without this file, auto-launching is suppressed irregardless of your setting.

Amything

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »

Sweet! Will make it default dash again, hopefully the random lockups on start are gone.

MrTRiX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

Nice update. Id say it fixed all my problems but I didnt have any smile.gif

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

unleashx is a mad man!
this release is amazing!
you need a tip jar!

PENiX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

This dash WORKS.

This is the best dashboard out, in my opinion.

Everything you need, in a sweet eyecandy look, i remember a year ago my friends wer less than impressed by evox, but since i got unleashx whenever someone new comes over and sees my shit, they mouth drops.

I got my music setup to play the same song each time, a nice instrumental to keep it going. Hail unleashx best dashboard hands down.

I cant beleive mxm even exists, its so whack, i made a multi game iso with it once and the menu was actually rediculous, it was the matrix skin, it was STUPID. The images wer grainey and the menu items wer all ugly.

i havent tried thc dash, i gotta say it looks cool, but it has nowhere near as many features as unleashx, and unleashx runs shit dashboard-wise. Avalaunch hasnt stole me over, but i must give them props for doing some NEW SHIT... some of this id really like to see in unleashx

I dont want to be a begger, beggers cant be choosers, id like to see the ability to download skins from the dash, as well as download GAMESAVES (that feature ownz). Whatever keep up the good work, this dash is as stable as a chair with 5 legs, which extend 5 feet from the bottom. if that makes any damn sense.

Dunny

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

fantastic work.

and one of my modified skins even made it in there, Im honoured  smile.gif

R0Bzombie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

Is there a tut somewhere to have all the features that we can put into the .xml file that are not there by default like [LEDColor]Orange[/LEDColor]

Thanks

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

just upgraded- all i can say is wow!

great work unleashX!

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (R0Bzombie @ Feb 23 2004, 03:34 AM)
Is there a tut somewhere to have all the features that we can put into the .xml file that are not there by default like [LEDColor]Orange[/LEDColor]

Thanks

Set it straight from the Settings screen, so it will be added properly.

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Dunny @ Feb 23 2004, 03:03 AM)
fantastic work.

and one of my modified skins even made it in there, Im honoured  smile.gif

Well, somebody requested that I include the Skins folder, so I thought while at it, why not include a sample skin. Afterall the distro size is just over 1 meg, so there's plenty of room in there.

I forgot to give you credits in the readme (shame on me, I was thinking of doing it the other day), but there is a readme.txt in the skin folder mentioning that it was your original artwork and modified by yourwishismine. I personally like that skin, among other ones, and the emulated one too. It uses very few resources, so I guess it was a good candidate.

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (tweaqr @ Feb 23 2004, 09:07 AM)
UnleashX Tutorial updated through version 0.30.0222A

UnleashX Tutorial

Thanks, tweaqr, for always being one step ahead of me. I've updated the docs and uploaded it at xbins.

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

Sounds like an excellent release.  Getting ready to ftp 'er over right now.  One thing that I didn't notice in the readme was the addition of random skins.  Could this be considered for a future release perhaps?  I know, it's all about me  tongue.gif

Okay, time for me to go play.  Thank you very much for all of the work you've put into this dash.  Proud to have it as my default.  Now I just need to get the "DARE to say yes to UnleashX" bumper sticker.   beerchug.gif

freakdave

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »

really great work unleash-x !

the region switch and the text editor kick ass !

dickyd

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

teufel

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

beerchug.gif
Pages: [1] 2