xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sneak Peek  (Read 376 times)

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Sneak Peek
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Sneak Peek
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

very nice

discworld

• Archived User
Sneak Peek
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (morpheous1777 @ Feb 22 2004, 03:36 AM)

Well, it is written in .Net, but I only moved to VS.Net recently, and so I don't know if there's individual dependencies that require it, or if the framework is just the new runtimes.

Let's assume it needs it; why is it a problem for you?

whoever wants to use a .NET program needs the .NET framework to run it, some people have it already (threw windows update), If anyone needs it, just run windows update and it will be in the recomended downloads.

what launguage are you using (VB.NET, MC++, C#) ?? If ya need any help/testers, I've been using .NET for a while now.

exactly!
And apart from that, I did try to download the .net framework, but on 56k the estimated d/l time was 7 hours! pff...

Port it to something that dosnt need .net !

mevinny

• Archived User
Sneak Peek
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »

unleashx,

I was wondering is there a tag we could use to set the menu text to hoizontal too? Like so...

_______
| Icon
|
|  M
|  E
|  N
|  U
|
|  I
|  T
|  E
|  M
|  
|  T
|  E
|  X
|  T
|_______

This setting would also give skinners a good way to do text elements and menu items. Also dose your dash do timed rotation of text elements?

Mevinny

MissSplitch

• Archived User
Sneak Peek
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (discworld @ Feb 22 2004, 08:34 AM)
exactly!
And apart from that, I did try to download the .net framework, but on 56k the estimated d/l time was 7 hours! pff...

Port it to something that dosnt need .net !

Good things come to those who wait. .Net is the next studio iteration; you'll end up needing it eventually anyway.

As for the vertical text menu items, I don't know about that. Unless you're using a unispaced font, it's not going to look very good, and even then it's not very good looking to me.

That's just me though.

MissSplitch

• Archived User
Sneak Peek
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »

And if anything, I think menu items are begging for a rotation aspect based on initial XY and secondary XY; that way you could have a rotated spline-menu, which would cover pretty much anything you could want to do (though text would be rotated as well, so I guess vertical wouldn't help)

However I am not too giddy on that issue, but I figure as long as I'm still working on this over here, might as well get a solidified spec down.

pdottz

• Archived User
Sneak Peek
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 08:46:00 AM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]