xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just A Thought...  (Read 96 times)

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
Just A Thought...
« on: February 05, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

smile.gif

morpheous1777

• Archived User
Just A Thought...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Feb 6 2004, 12:36 AM)

I would need a suggestion though, about how to do it. My initial thought of this is to map the buttons with letters, so the useable letters are A, B, X, Y, W(hite), U(p), D(own), L(eft), R(ight). Is this gonna be enough? Letter to button mappings should be limited to a single character. And don't expect this to be on the next release, I have too must task on my plate right now wink.gif .

that sounds perfect, i vote for that way

krawhitham

• Archived User
Just A Thought...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 02:28:00 AM »

how about,

if you hit A button it enters the letter that is highlighed (like it is NOW)

and

If you hold the left trigger and hit A it enters the letter to the left of the one highlighted

and

If you hold the right trigger and hit A it enters the letter to the right of the one highlighted

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
Just A Thought...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Feb 6 2004, 02:36 AM)
That feature has been requested by quite a number of people already and I'm starting to think that maybe it makes more sense to do it that way. Let me see what I can do about it. Anyways, using the current implementation, my sister thinks I type too fast and that she can't figure it out even with a four character password biggrin.gif . The trick there is to move the selection as soon as you hit the "A" button.

I would need a suggestion though, about how to do it. My initial thought of this is to map the buttons with letters, so the useable letters are A, B, X, Y, W(hite), U(p), D(own), L(eft), R(ight). Is this gonna be enough? Letter to button mappings should be limited to a single character. And don't expect this to be on the next release, I have too must task on my plate right now wink.gif .

That sounds like a great plan cant wait to see it implemented..

Can you post here when its done.?

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
Just A Thought...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

I just finished installing the newer release of UnleashX.
I would just like to thank the team for there great work because it now makes it better for me to enter a password without being worried that someone might catch it. and i also like the idea that you guys give the user to chance to select which method they want out of PassCode or Password.

Good Work!