xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Making Unleashx The Default Dash  (Read 377 times)

son_of_paco

• Archived User
Making Unleashx The Default Dash
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

Im changing evox to unleashx, Evox does not have a filemanger

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(son_of_paco @ May 14 2006, 07:35 PM) *

I have unleashx in a disc, is there a way to insall it from the disc instead of the ftp?

i assumed this meant you were booting to unleashx on a disc. make that disc a boot disc (make sure the unleashx xbe is named default.xbe and in the root of the disc)

This post has been edited by theperfekt001: May 15 2006, 03:24 AM

son_of_paco

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

is there a tutorial on making a boot disk?

hattorihanzo_pso

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »

Problem with the save config on unleashX!!!

Hello , this is my first post in this forum. Ill be fast. I bougth a modified xbox with the evox 3935 version. I read this post a lot of times and decided myself to change my old dash for Unleash.  I followed the steps with no problem( with the exception I didnt delete the evox files). First:

1)  I downloaded an ISO UNleashX Installer deluxe Bootdisk burned to a cd RW , Tried to install as primary dash in C and the program did it with no problems. When I tried to turn off and then turn on again my xbox, the Evox stills remaning as my default Dashboard

2) I decided to explore the C partition, All was fine, the .xbe from unleash was renamed to evoxdash.xbe ( just like the second of the boot order on my BIOS ). At this point I noticed that , my evox dashboard runs  from D as an application. Why Im saying this?  because, after I tried this,  there is a DEFAULT.XBE, CONFIG and a SKIN FOLDER on E:\DASHBOARD just like the EVOX files in C:\ and, no matter what change from the C partition ( Skins folder, config file ) , It does not take effect until I change from the E:\DASHBOARD\.      At this point, I copied the UNLEASHX files from the first post of this thread on the Folder  E:\DASHBOARD\ , so My evox files and UnleashX files are in the same directory. Reboot and Notting happens again.

3) I decieded to replace DEFAULT.XBE from E:\DASHBOARD\ ( that , as I think, Its the EVOX file as an application ) for the UNLEAXHED.XBE file , renaming the old DEFAULT.XBE to EVOX_BACLUP.XBE and the UNLEASHED.XBE to DEFAULT.XBE . I reboot my xbox and all its fine.. Until I tried to Change a skin.

And guys, this is my problem, no matter what I do trying to configure this dash, UNLEASHX never save my configuration. Allways change to the default SKIN when I reboot( I just wrote all the text above so you can see If I missed something) . Its this because I run UnleashX as an app?? I dont think so, because EVOX kept the config, like the SKIN I was using.

My personal conclusion its that, considering Im new to this, maybe im missing something about a modchip, perhaps I need to install so I can change dash again , so , any help will be appreciated, and sorry for my bad english, Im not american

Thanks!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by hattorihanzo_pso: Oct 23 2006, 01:34 AM

sr_sparky

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

and sorry for my bad english, Im not american

Are you insinuating that American's have good English?

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif       -->     Just for those who dont realise its a joke!!!

hattorihanzo_pso

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(sr_sparky @ Oct 23 2006, 02:44 PM) *

ok, when you tried to change the skin, did you press 'A' twice like it says at the bottom of the screen?

If you did, then try deleting your config.xml file and rebooting. Unleashx will create a new, default copy and hopefully you'll be able to change it.
Are you insinuating that American's have good English?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)       -->     Just for those who dont realise its a joke!!!

Lol. you was rigth!!! I was missing the "press A twice"  button . Thanks a lot!!!  Saludos de un vato mexicano

mase989900

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »

The tutorial says ftp the new UnleashX over to where you need it, and there was even andice given to load it up from a bootdisc. My question is why can't it work from using another file explorer to upgrade the dash?

I have XBMC and I was tried to upgrage my version of UnleashX so I just removed the old unleashx to another drive and then put the new one in its place, but now my xbox freezes at the microsoft logo. Which I am assuming it is doing this b/c it can't load the dash. I am new to modding but I think I know how to fix this issue (install hdd to comp. use xboxhdm to unlock drive use the explorer to put evox as dash. Right?) but why do you have to ftp the files?

mase989900

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

Now my problem is worse. I hooked up the xbox hdd to the comp and used xboxhdm to install evox as my dash which turned out fine. Now I tried to ftp the new UnleashX to my xbox and got the same problem where the xbox gets stuck at the microsoft logo.

So I guess that this version of UnleashX doesn't like my xbox or something so I reinstalled Evox and then tried to goto to my old version of Unleash( I think version 2222A). Now when I turn on the xbox UnleashX keeps restarting itself. So I am at a complete lost and I don't wanna be stuck using Evox as my dash, so can anyone help sme get the old one back or even the new one working thanks.

mase989900

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

I have been trying to read and find help to my problem, but a question.

I think the problem with my backup unleashx is that it is trying to load a skin that isn't there, if that is the problem would that cause it to keep restarting itself?
Where in the config.xml where you can tell unleash what skin to load. I see where it finds the skin folder but nothing about which skin.

That is the only thing i can think of that is causing this problem. I am going to try to look around some more but my next option is to just reinstall the old unleash new.

mase989900

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »

Here is the final and hopefully last post about this problem.

I tried to run unleashX as a dash and it would load and then goto the dash. For what reason I am not sure. It wasn't the skin as I thought. So I erase Unleash game save and then tried running it and it worked fine. So I upgraded to 0528 and so far so good even the new skins work great.

So I guess what I learned is that to erase the game save before upgrading similar to what you do with XBMC and maybe try to running it as an app to test it. To all the noobs out there let this show you that you don't have to wait for someone else to solve your problem you can do it yourself if you just read and try to undertand.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]