xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Unleashx V0.26.0119a  (Read 680 times)

Rollo

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

could have sworn i saw someone else post something similar to this but i can't find it so here goes.....
the xbe renamer works flawlessly if you are renaming it to something longer than the original title......however, if you name it something smaller than the original the characters that arent written over still apear in the xbe name.

i. e. if you name XBMP's xbe to "XBMP" from the original "Xbox Media Player"....it will appear "XBMP Media Player"

taxi!!!

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

I too use MacOSX, and in the last release, added to a thread about some issues I was having with FTP.

I suspect it wasn't to do with MacOS, since it was with some cli FTP clients I used, including AFAIR the standard OSX and WinXP ftp.  I did post a transcript, it was to do with the reporting of the sizes of the different partitions.

I'm not at home right now, but can redo the experiment and post.

The other thing I've noticed is the 'skin-returning-to-default' issue - this seems to happen to me only if I insert a DVD video, play it then use the IGR (or maybe eject, but my BIOS latest X2 with eject-fix, so I can't recall if this resets it).

No biggie, except to get to my skin, I think I had to do a hard reset (power off, then on).

Taxi!!!

Heykrop

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

This realy isn't a bug per say but it was annoying.   UnleashX is the only dash on my kids system.  I have it setup with only 3 items on the main page
1: GAMES   ( link to the games list )
2: LAUNCH DVD  (Passworded )
3: SETTINGS  ( links to all other functions including apps. also Passworded )

So anyway.   I fired it up so I could load a game for them and ran into this.

Using the primary controler I could move Up and Down through the 3 selections but could not select any of them. Pressing the buttons did not do anything.   I could do an IRG ( Using X2 4977 on Chameleon )

On the reset UnleashX came back up and still had the problem.  Up/Down but no response from the buttons for menu selection.

I then went to check if the second controler was having the same problem. Thinking that maybe the kids broke a controler.  It was then that I discovered that the Right Thumb stick on controler 2 was stuck over to the left.   When I released it all worked perfectly again.   Looks like analog input from another controler can over ride button presses on the primary controler

Heykrop

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

This is not an UnleashX Problem. Even the MS dashboads allows all the controller ports to control the dashboard.

I am aware of that.  That is not the point.   What I was trying to convey is that. IF you are controling from port 1 and an analog stick is held in any direction on another controler, while it appears that UnleashX is functioning you are unable to use any of the buttons on controler 1 other than up and down.  Generally on the MS Dash any controler works and all buttons function. Even if you are pressing up on controler 2 you can still press A on controler 1 to make a selection.  With UnleashX this is not the case.  It seemed that although the dash had loaded it was not responding properly.  Untill I noticed that controler 2 had a stick stuck to the left.  So ultimately it was not a question of being able to control the dash with a second controler, it was a case of INPUT from the second controler was interupting input from the primary controler.      

This was intended to be more of an informational post for those that may think the dash had locked up. Just check your other controlers to see if they are stuck.

Heykrop

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

Yes.  It is latest but I did it as an upgrade from a previous version. Since you said that I am wondering if something did not take properly. I'll try reinsalling from scratch and see what happens.  

Thanks

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

No, I haven't tested it with the new IR since I only got the old one. I think this is a problem most of the homebrew scene are experiencing.

Anyone have a PocketPC with Ultramote or PDAWin? Or anything that could capture the data? If so, please let me know, it would help a lot.

DooV

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

After returning from some apps to Unleash 0.26.0119A, it reverts randomly to the default skin when the Play Music option is activated.

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »

pop.gif   bdaybiggrin.gif

PDTP

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

With all of the unlashx dash's i have used none of them will sync the time no mater what i do.

Soop

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2004, 02:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Jan 28 2004, 11:35 PM)
No, I haven't tested it with the new IR since I only got the old one. I think this is a problem most of the homebrew scene are experiencing.

Anyone have a PocketPC with Ultramote or PDAWin? Or anything that could capture the data? If so, please let me know, it would help a lot.

Hi unleashx.

I am also having the Xbox MS DVD controller problem. I can use the controller fine in all other apps such as Evox and xbmc etc. But the first time I try to press the down button on the controller, it continues to scroll very fast throught all options, stopping at the last. Pressing up has the same effect in reverse, speeds to the top of the menu list.

If I am quick, I can get it to select options, but it's very hard smile.gif

I am using an original MS Dongle/controller ( this model ). I have tried all ports for the dongle, with and without normal controllers. No change. I use a 1.1 PAL Xbox with Xecuter2.3b+ lite.

I have an IPAQ and I have loaded the PDAWin as you requested. The same symptoms are shown using that device too. If you need to try these codes and you have a recent copy of PDAWin, you can set it in CCF mode and download this ( .ccf file ) for your tests.

Hope this helps you test, the unleashx dash is my first choice but useless to my needs without a remote.

p.s. I did try an eval version of Ultramote but after the laborious task of learning all the buttons I found the settings files to be unclear and I am not sure what to send you!

Keep up the fab work on this dash.

Soop

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2004, 02:49:00 AM »

Thanks Soop, I'll see what I can do with it.

DaWaN

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2004, 03:16:00 AM »

Hi
I have the same problem with the Remote Controller on 1 on my two Xboxes.
I ve tested all "combinaison" of dongle / remote / xbox
And now I m sure that the problem is the dongle model.

(Xcuse my poor english)

++

Soop

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2004, 03:56:00 AM »

My DVD kit is the model I linked to above. My actual IR Dongle is labelled "Xbox DVD Movie Playback Kit" And has a part number of: X08-25402-002. It was purchased in the UK in early Jan 2004.

Dawan, what are your Dongle part numbers?

PDTP

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Jan 29 2004, 10:19 AM)
PDTP, Please post the Time Server you are trying to sync to.

The server i use is time.sinectis.com.ar (216.244.192.3). this works with avalaunch. I have tried at least one other in the past with no luck. Just now i tryed time.nist.gov (192.43.244.18) and it worked! biggrin.gif  i'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Thanks again Love this dash, keep up the good work!

korn00

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.26.0119a
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

I think that I may have found a bug.  When copying a disc from the dvd drive if you go to the File Explorer you have 2 choices for copying a game disc.  One is "Copy Disc" and the other is "Quick Copy Disc."  If I chose the "Copy Disc" I get the error "An error occured while copying files...Error Code 2."  If I chose "Quick Copy Disc" everything is fine.  Also If I copy a game disc under SystemMiscCopy Game Disc everything is fine.

Can anyone else confirm this error I get?

Thanks!!

BTW...This dash is freakin awesome!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6