xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Makes Unleashx Slightly Suck...  (Read 261 times)

bgest

• Archived User
What Makes Unleashx Slightly Suck...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

I myself would like to thank unleashx for the hard work that has went into this dash. I am new to the Xbox scene and was not really learning anything about dashes untill UnleashX came out. I think that some of you people that gave the harsh criticism should sit down in front of your computers and write some code for YOUR new dash. Oh, you don't know how to do that??? Then how can you give such good advice to Unleashx?

My hat is off to you UnleashX for the work you have done for the cause.

Lets hear a round of applause!!!!!!

Frop

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

No one should ever bash free homebrew software.

The author is working on optimizing the next version to fix some of the problems with the current release, the interim release was ONLY designed as a temp solution.

nyconx

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

I would also like to say thanks again to unleashx.  His hard work is for our benefit.  People really shouldnt judge that.  It is true that the first release and the latest release are the same speed as long as you dont add all the flash to the skins.  This still is the speedy dash you wanted but if flash is more your thing then there are vids too.  I really am not sure what the arguement is?

xMonKeyx

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

Unleash... Uhm Seriousleh!.......... You kick ass!

DBZRacer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

To everyone thats unhappy about how complex MXM or UnleasX can be, just go ahead and create your own Skin! The 2 devs made their dashes as flexable as possible. You can make your skin as complex as allowing videos and some crazy layout and the whole 9 or you can make it as simple as a background image and a menu list ala EvoX. So if you don't like watching prev videos on your skin, turn them off. No one is forcing you to use their skins. And if you've never coded before and exepereince skinning for the first time, imagine taking that complexity and variation and multiply it by a 1,000. Thats what the devs have to go through before making a new public release that will never please the masses who want more...

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

Nice work UX...keep it up

Thing2

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

smile.gif

But....how do you turn off that Matrix stuff in MXM? I mean, matrix is old and played out now smile.gif  I dont want to see that all the time....or ever again actually.

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (Thing2 @ Jan 7 2004, 09:54 PM)
Unleashx is a fantastic Dash...everyone knows...including the actual dev.....everyone else already told the guy if he doesn't like it dont use it...so I'm not going to say it smile.gif

But....how do you turn off that Matrix stuff in MXM? I mean, matrix is old and played out now smile.gif  I dont want to see that all the time....or ever again actually.

You turn off the matrix effect in MXM using the MXM PATCHER included with the distributed package of MXM...  there is a small set of instructions inlcuded with the package that explain how to use the patcher, but the basics are to copy the default.xbe (of mxm) to your computer's harddrive, then run the patcher and choose the options that your want and patch the default.xbe, then copy it your xbox's hard drive.

Maggy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2004, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (bgest @ Jan 7 2004, 04:26 AM)
I myself would like to thank unleashx for the hard work that has went into this dash. I am new to the Xbox scene and was not really learning anything about dashes untill UnleashX came out. I think that some of you people that gave the harsh criticism should sit down in front of your computers and write some code for YOUR new dash. Oh, you don't know how to do that??? Then how can you give such good advice to Unleashx?

My hat is off to you UnleashX for the work you have done for the cause.

Lets hear a round of applause!!!!!!

totally agree. well said there bgest

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

I have one thing to say here... everyone who wants a nice, fast, simple dash..... MAKE ONE.  Then release it to the entire scene.  Make a name for yourself.  Almost immediately release a new version with many added features (which were all requested.)  If YOU do this without bugs, hangs, glitches, problems, etc... then you can have bashing rights...  Otherwise, make suggestions kindly.  Please, your no better than all the people who ask for the "unnecessary" features.  In fact, your worse, because they were just asking, your complaining.  UnleashX created this "homebrew app" and therefore has every right to decide what he wants to add, how to add it, and when to implement it.  When you release YOUR dash, you can decide what to implement and what not to implement.  

Bottom line is, stop being selfish.  UnleashX isn neither coding this for just you, nor for all the "unnecessary feature requester's," he's doing it for himself, and for everyone.  Accept what he decides to do and use the features you like.  Eventually it will have all the features that the coder decides to put in it.  Eventually it will be "virtually" bug free.  Until then, enjoy the novelty of it or go somewhere else for your "efficiency."  If Evox is all you need, then by all means, stick with Evox.  And while you enjoy the simplicity and effectiveness of your dash, I'll enjoy the complexity and "coolness" of my dash.

(Please note that I was perfectly able to get my point accross without the use of swear words.  Remember, kids can come here too.  Be considerate of the community, not everyone here is a sailor.)

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (mamajo @ Jan 8 2004, 02:24 PM)
I have one thing to say here... everyone who wants a nice, fast, simple dash..... MAKE ONE

Why bother? If that's all you want use outdated Evox.

Calling EvoX outdated is rather inappropriate... it is, exactly what it was intended to be... the shitty features of evox are IRG and Trainners... IRG belongs in the BIOS, not the dash, trainners, belong in a seperate app, not the dash... ...

anyway.. I was wondering how much it would cost to have Unleash-X personalize the dash, just for my needs.. oh yeah.. and I want to buy a name change for it and call it... My Huge Penis, XBOX Dash - It's Got Balls.  laugh.gif

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

... everyone who wants a nice, fast, simple dash..... MAKE ONE

totally agree.  noone has the right to complain before they have made something that proves their points. Noone that makes something for free deserves to hear from their users that their stuff sucks or that it's becoming terrible.  Do it constructive - tell them what can be done to improve it in a simple manner.
Pages: 1 [2]