xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Unleashx Faq  (Read 714 times)

deakphreak

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

smile.gif

tweaqr

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 06:22:00 AM »

nope, you can browse for it in the file manager and open it from there

deakphreak

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

Is unleashx ever gonna have the FLASH BIOS capability?

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

If you would have done a search you would have found the answer quite a few time. UnleashX has stated that no BIOS Flashing will be added.

1st of all.. more then 1/2 the time... it seems that you can't search anything on the boards anymore (because search is either turned off or the boards are overloaded with use).. secondly... damn that's a shame.. I remember him saying that he wasn't going to add it right away, but I didn't ever see him say that he was never adding it...

feflicker

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

1st of all.. more then 1/2 the time... it seems that you can't search anything on the boards anymore (because search is either turned off or the boards are overloaded with use)..

AMEN BROTHER. That google search option is bogus as well, I have tried to find things using the most complicated advanced searches I can, and have no luck. Then the X-S search option comes back online and 5 minutes later I have found what I needed. I am certainly not a stranger to search engines & syntax. I would pay a subscription fee to X-S just to have search back up and running... "View New Posts" was the main way I browsed this site, now I have been driven away  sad.gif

yakumo

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

how many files have unleash

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (chaosbringer @ May 18 2004, 04:12 AM)
I have an older version of unleashx installed. How do I update to the newest version? thanks

Overwrite the old default.xbe w/ the new one.

DaveHShapiro

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2004, 05:48:00 AM »

I looked but could not find a list of actions for unleashX. Speciicaly backing up a disk other then a Game.(like a dvd)

I like the game copy option instead of using HDDLoader I use that and jsut renamed my F:/HDDLoader to F:/Games.

Also I would think in one of the features list or the FAQ it would say "USB KEYBOARDS WORK"  I mean WOO HOOO! I just tried it by chance and now I'm editing my config.xml file right on the box while my friend transfers files.
The On screen keyboard is Helpful if for some reason you can't get the adapter and a usb keyboard but if someones going to do on screen editing you'd think they'd just use a keyboard. I'm glad xbox-xbox ftp uses the keyboard as well.

When editing a file in the file manager if I press Y on my controler its like pressing enter(on a normal computer) but when I press enter or return on my keyboard it inserts some weird half enter or something. I think i tried all the possiblilites like Shift enter and alt enter and some others. Is there a list out there of the keyboard commands?

Thanks for making My favorite Dashboard.

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

Safety in Nimbus

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

You can either rip your cds for BGM, or you can upload them to a folder, (must currently be WMA but hopefully at least mp3 will be supported ) and choose "custom" in the settings under music. If you want them both to play you choose "both" (duh! d= )

(Yes I copied my own post)

For Icons it's icon.png in the game folder
For videos it's mxm_ss.wmv or preview.wmv
Or you can manually edit the config file to point to the file.

Action scripts (=  Pretty new but should be interesting to see in a month.

nortnil

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

Can someone please tell me what number the fan setting should be if I want to keep it at the normal setting that M$ programmed it for.  I added lights to my jewel and I used the stock fan plug to get power so I don't want to enter in a number that is going to supply to much power and fry my LED's.  Thank you.

nortnil

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »

Yeah, I read that to but I wasn't sure if that was the default that M$ set or if that is an arbitrary default for UX.

nortnil

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

I disconnected the stock fan and installed an 80mm one off of a splitter from the hdd power source.  That left the stock fan plug open.  So I had an extra female connector laying around so I connected it to my jewel lights and then plugged it into the motherboard spot reserved for the stock fan.  That way when I want to take my lid off I just lift lightly and it unplugs completely so I don't have to leave the lid hanging off by the wires.  But I see what you are saying about leaving it at the default means that no settings will be changed.  Thanks for the help.

CireZero

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »

I've looked around at some of the faq's and what not, and I couldn't find the answer to my question, i was wondering if there is a way to run the default.xbe for unleash off a dvd but have it adjust my config and items files that are stored on the F drive, so there isnt' a trace inside my c drive of anything being installed.

dylan78

• Archived User
Unleashx Faq
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »

I would like to know how to add items to my menu, specifically my emulators' default.xbe files so I can launch them from the menu directly, instead of having to go through File Explorer.

Also, what if I want to add it inside an Item? like Apps for instance.

The emulators are already physically inside the Apps folder on the HDD.

I assume I have to change something in the config.xml and/or items.xml files, but don't know the proper format. There's also an Evox.ini file, but I think that has nothing to do with my new dash.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6