xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ill Wait  (Read 146 times)

karishbhr

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« on: November 29, 2003, 06:12:00 PM »

I love MXM, I think this shows great potential and simplicity. I think I'll wait till this dash becomes more mature

CaTcHa

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (karishbhr @ Nov 30 2003, 04:12 AM)
I love MXM, I think this shows great potential and simplicity. I think I'll wait till this dash becomes more mature

AHH Bless ,

Dont forget to take your toys  back home  to Ben , Im sure he still loves you too !!:lol:

bartdesign

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 03:34:00 AM »

Dude why the HELL would you post something stating that you will still use mxm ??? I don't care what u are using. An you are only spamming the board with this dumb posts. I like all the dashes but i use unleash, so what. Not like somebody else cares.... There is a special lamers forum here go make your posts there.

B

amstrad

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 03:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (bartdesign @ Nov 30 2003, 01:34 PM)
Dude why the HELL would you post something stating that you will still use mxm ??? I don't care what u are using. An you are only spamming the board with this dumb posts. I like all the dashes but i use unleash, so what. Not like somebody else cares.... There is a special lamers forum here go make your posts there.

B

what a dumb ass post.
He was just saying he liked this dashboard, but preferred the other one...whats wrong with saying that?
He likes Unleash, he'd just prefer to wait till Unleash has a few new features under its belt, until its as good as MXM...whats wrong with saying that?

You guys got far too angry for far too little, get over it. We use one dashboard, he's currently using another....so?

heinrich

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (amstrad @ Nov 30 2003, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (bartdesign @ Nov 30 2003, 01:34 PM)

B

what a dumb ass post.
He was just saying he liked this dashboard, but preferred the other one...whats wrong with saying that?
He likes Unleash, he'd just prefer to wait till Unleash has a few new features under its belt, until its as good as MXM...whats wrong with saying that?

You guys got far too angry for far too little, get over it. We use one dashboard, he's currently using another....so?

ya, this kind of thread gets under my skin, esp. since he already started another "whats so great about this dash?".  People have opinions, everyone does, but does everyone need to start 2 threads, one saying which dash they like, and another challenging people to defend the dash?  No.

amstrad

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 06:42:00 AM »

you got it the wrong way round: he didnt "challenge" anyone, he made one topic asking about the pros and cons of this mod, asking whether it was worth switching over.
Then all hell broke loose on the thread and so, not to be flammed to hell, he made his decision on this one.
Thats all that happened, he asked about it and then made up his mind...

Get over it.

muerte

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Nov 30 2003, 10:59 AM)
Take it easy, people. This is a forum and if there's one thing I learned using public BB like this, is that it always doesn't sound (or look, for that matter) the way it was meant to be delivered. So keep it cool wink.gif

Though I would really like to know what people expects and wanted to see with this dash. Like karishbhr's comment, what do you consider a mature dash? What are you looking for in one? These are the type of comments I would like to see so I'll know what I'm doing wrong or right.

Also, if muerte could read this, I'd like to know what made him think that UnleashX's features are... "quite dumbed down". I'm not offended by comments like this but I would really appreciate it if you could tell me the reason. Only then can I improve the dash, subject to my capability, of course.

hey, it just so happens i am reading this smile.gif.  I'll try and give some constructive criticism here:
* the skinning engine: its better than the ava engine (of course), but isn't close to mxm
* there are a number of bugs that have gotten in the way (ie the ends of game names being cut off
* its missing the ability for users to add new features
* sometimes feels a bit too simplistic (i'm sure this isn't the view of all users, but i'm just a techy guy who wants to tweak the shit out of things)

i didn't mean to offend you in any way.  it just didn't have that feeling to it.  btw, that was me speaking after trying it out for 10min.  I'll make sure to give it a second chance wink.gif

also, unleashx, thanks for keeping an open mind and not flaming me.  gave me a chance to make a couple of suggestions.

bartdesign

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Nov 30 2003, 03:44 PM)

ya, this kind of thread gets under my skin, esp. since he already started another "whats so great about this dash?".  People have opinions, everyone does, but does everyone need to start 2 threads, one saying which dash they like, and another challenging people to defend the dash?  No.

Do you want that every user is gonna post something here that he likes dashboard "x"? That's why i react that way. Like amstad said so... so why should we care what the guy is using...

scribla

• Recovered User
Ill Wait
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »

I think you've done a great job with UX thus far, and you seem to be getting far more positive feed back than anything else.

At the end of the day you can't please everyone, which is fine because we can choose which dash we run. You seem to have created a dash that fills a void for many of us, some thing in between EvoX and MXM. I hope you don't get pulled (or nagged) into making a clone of MXM! Don't get me wrong MXM is a fantastic achievement, but it's not everyones bag. I think your orignal scope is bang on - functionality first, wow factor second (and least if it even threatens the functionality or fluidness of the interface)

I hope you continue to develop UX in the same way you started, sticking to the core elements of a intuitive and powerfull dashboard. We can flash, lock HDD's and play videos elsewhere!

heinrich

• Archived User
Ill Wait
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (bartdesign @ Nov 30 2003, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (heinrich @ Nov 30 2003, 03:44 PM)

ya, this kind of thread gets under my skin, esp. since he already started another "whats so great about this dash?".  People have opinions, everyone does, but does everyone need to start 2 threads, one saying which dash they like, and another challenging people to defend the dash?  No.

Do you want that every user is gonna post something here that he likes dashboard "x"? That's why i react that way. Like amstad said so... so why should we care what the guy is using...

No, I dont, what I would like is if when people made such posts, the EXPLAINED themselves, WHY they dislike one dash or another.  You had to reach your conclusion that x is better then y by some means of logic, if you are going to bother to post your end result, you should post your reasoning as well.