xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whats So Good?  (Read 291 times)

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2003, 04:17:00 AM »

@hydraulix 100% with you on that, I could not agree more.

amstrad

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2003, 04:36:00 AM »

One thing that I'll be keen to stress on the website, is that UNLEASH is not a replacment, its an alternative. It simply gives users another choice, which is always nice.

Depending on your needs, there's now a dashbaord suited to you (style=MXM, pc intergration = Avalaunch, ease=UnleashX)

Ed_209

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »

I have tried all of the dashes and the 3 must have dashes I have installed are:
1)evox as primary
2)avalaunch  (love the ftp and file manager)
3)unleashx (love the animating menus and quick start up time and the ease of use)

MXM isn't anywhere on this list simply because of the god awful load time. I installed it, read up on how to make it work for 45 minutes (complicated compared to other dashes) and after I finally got it working with animated video backgrounds, background music, preview videos etc I noticed that it took nearly an entire minute to load up the damn dashboard! Ever since I noticed the horrible start up time I avoided MXM like the plague. Other people have made the same complaint about the load times before, so I know it's not just me. Call me crazy, but I don't want to wait 45 seconds for my dash to load inbetween games.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (amstrad @ Nov 29 2003, 04:37 PM)
how long have you got?

• Easy as hell to make great, radically different skins
  • Very fast
  • Excellent ftping
  • background musicx!
  • password protection (really good feature is that one)
  • nice and easy to modify xml file
  • in built filemanager (although I don't use that, prefer Boxplorer)
  • SCREENSAVER!!!!
  • Thumbnails of games

Soo much more but my mind's gone blank...GET IT, GET IT, GET IT!

hehe ok someone did the list and pointing out shit with MXM.. my turn with ava smile.gif

1). ok you got me there, once the skinning engine is in tho it would hold a stick to it
2). ummmm ok
3). ava ftp is the most advanced and fastest ftp on the xbox today
4). welcome to 6 months ago... + shoutcast support
5). ok you got me there.. but why
6). welcome to 8 months ago
7). welcome to 4 months ago
8). welcome to a long fucking time ago
9). welcome to a long fucking time ago

hehe kold.. howd ya know? tongue.gif

daviefresh1775

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2003, 05:36:00 PM »

people people, this is just like a rap argument, whats the best kind, whose the best... like the boy in my avatar says "aint no best" everything has its place, evox has the functionality, i love the flashing obviously (yes i know mxm is workin the actionscripting to do it, but till i've heard more, i wont risk my TSOP just yet), then mxm is a gem, looks great and the skins are awesome too, then we have avalaunch, which the feature i love the most is boost mode protocol, the combo of qwix and ava are just great for managing backups, then what i like the most about unleash is the setup, small footprint, skinning is hella easy, password protect features, built in file manager, and selectable soundtracks... so to just wrap it up, i'm not an evox "convert" or anything else, i've used all these(except nexgen) but i just happened to pick unleash as my default dash, the password protection is what gets me *dont have to worry bout n00bs messing stuff up* and the selectable soundtrack is wonderful, not just hit x and another random song comes up.... those are my $.02 as to why i stick up for unleashX

Dunny

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2003, 06:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (cainedna @ Dec 5 2003, 03:31 PM)
I gotta agree about the ease of use part. I've tried MXM, and liked it, but in the end, I felt like configuring it got a little tedious, and more complicated.

MXM allows for a more complicated setup but theres no reason you couldnt have a nice simple dashboard setup with it ... all depends what your after.

karishbhr

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

aight... you guys have convinced me to try and or use Unleash X. Please tell me where I can get it and where I can learn howto use it

geniusalz

• Archived User
Whats So Good?
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »

tongue.gif

As for using it, there's nothing really complicated about it.  Just put it on as an app, get used to it, then put it on as ur dash.
Pages: 1 [2]