xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Wishlist  (Read 2508 times)

bULLdOG64

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

I would realy like to see boostmode ftp transfer included in UX.
I use AVA as my primary dash an i get 9-10k transfer rate with boostmode enabled.
In UX i only get 5-6k transfer, but as UX now getting better and better for every release i'm sure it's only a question of time when i switch over to UX as my primary dash.

I realy liked the new texteditor in UnleashX_0_30_0222A, now we can finetune UX skinmaking without leaving the coutch wink.gif

sirsmooth

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

Yup, most wanted i think smile.gif
FTP boostmode and Xbox To Xbox

CHeers sirs

tweaqr

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

unleashx
Going into submenu appears to be little longer with this build, but, again, this is part of the optimization that I did. If you noticed, your boot up time is greatly reduced, because, I deferred scanning of submenu items, as opposed to doing it all on startup. This means that if you don't go to the applications submenu, it will never be scanned for required files. Again, doing it this way ensure that minimal disk I/O is performed.

I'm thinking of making this configurable, giving the user to scan files during boot up (slower boot up time), or scan when needed (slower going into submenu the first time). If you are using a skin that implements intro video, scanning on bootup may be better as it can mask the *perceived* delay.

Any thoughts on the file scanning? Deferred, or do it on startup like previous version (disk I/O intensive). Or perhaps, a balance between the two? Ideas would be great.

Hectobleezy
Tweaqr
unleashx

decided to continue this elsewhere

anyway how about Delayload="Yes", loaddelay="true" or fullboot="yes"

unleashx

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

Ahh, there you go. DelayLoad is the keyword, with "True" being the default value.

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

I think DelayLoad is the best way to go....it means what it says....it delays the load of the menu....i dont think there would be confusion there.

Hectobleezy

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

biggrin.gif Here is a wishlist item.....I love how you got that context menu (start button) on the games....is ther any way of adding an "UNINSTALL GAME" to that context menu? with a second confirmation to proceed? I know people will say it can be done in the file manager...or to get dvd2xbox...or complex tools.......but think about it....how many people still got folders named hdloader1x???? alot, so its hard to know what your deleting....plus loading a secondary app just to delete games is a waste of time....the ability to uninstall games from that context menu would be cool.

Thanks UnleashX, im sure your tired of hearing this, but your the greatest. Keep up the groundbreaking work.

grebulon

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

Uninstall feature can also delete the UDATA/TDATA folder with the gamesaves and all.

aaronsam

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hectobleezy @ Feb 24 2004, 08:39 AM)
biggrin.gif Here is a wishlist item.....I love how you got that context menu (start button) on the games....is ther any way of adding an "UNINSTALL GAME" to that context menu? with a second confirmation to proceed? I know people will say it can be done in the file manager...or to get dvd2xbox...or complex tools.......but think about it....how many people still got folders named hdloader1x???? alot, so its hard to know what your deleting....plus loading a secondary app just to delete games is a waste of time....the ability to uninstall games from that context menu would be cool.

Thanks UnleashX, im sure your tired of hearing this, but your the greatest. Keep up the groundbreaking work.

Yup i second that

El Pollo Diablo

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

Sorry if this has been said before but I don't feel like reading 11 pages atm. I thought if  sub directorys could be nominated, or automatically detected to show them at the top of a list. For example, say you have a 'Dashboards' list inside the 'Applications' list. ATM if theres stuff in the Applications list the dashboard list gets sorted with the Ds. I'd like it to put it at the top of the list and perhaps show it in another font or have a picture of a folder next to it. I'm used to the idea of folders being shown at the top of file lists and files following it. It could be nominated with a tag like <Subdirectory="True"> for those people who like it the way it is.

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »

Secondly, I cannot help mentioning my dreamfeatures: controller button combo passwords and ftp-client. Are these features on your list or should I try to forget them?

I'm working on ftp client.

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

smile.gif

Delayload on:
+ Fast at bootup
- Slow when entering menus
- Reboot when installing new apps over FTP

Delayload off:
+ Fast menus
- Slow at bootup
- Reboot when installing new apps over FTP

Menu refresh (my suggestion):
+ Fast at bootup
+ Fast menus
+ No need to reboot to update menus when installing apps over FTP
- Remember to refresh manually

I also want to explain why Controller-Button-Combo-Passwords are so important to me. I bring my Xbox to friends and LANs where I cannot monitor what people are doing all the time, but I still let them play my games. By accident/fun/pure evil they can easily render it unbootable from the filemanager and other tools I use, and when I need to access password protected items, people will always be able to see which characters I stop at on the virtual keyboard and that way learn my password. I've been missing password-protection since I first got EvoX, and yours is great but takes too much work when inputting from virtual keyboard to justify it and people can easily snatch the password. I know you say it is easier to hide controllers and stuff, but I just want to protect certain items while others are free for people to use.
Even if it was just for the X-Y-B-A buttons it would be just great. I will not bug you with this any further, but I felt I needed to let you know why it was an important feature for me.

[BiA]FRAGMAN

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

How about an option to backup/restore and delete savegames from the context-menu (start button) in the menus? I would think it would be easy to implement and very functional. What do you think?

unleashx

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

Password using gamepad will be in the next major release. I discussed this in one of the threads here.

Anything game/gamesave related will be in its own section. It's one of the lined-up feature by the way. Its enough to say that Game/Gamesave manager will be there, I can't discuss anything further since I haven't started on it yet, but I'm hoping it's gonna be one of the features people will use most.

LatinLover

• Archived User
Wishlist
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2004, 05:12:00 AM »

My wish is that i can set how long it takes to start the preview-video in the menu.

Because i was using MxM and their the videos start immediately and that is very nice!!!

LL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22