xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unleshx Major Help Needed  (Read 179 times)

Cargasm

• Archived User
Unleshx Major Help Needed
« on: November 27, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

Okay I just changed my dash over to UnleshX to try it out.  I jsut renamed the default.xbe file to Evoxdash.xbe, since EvoX was originally my primary.

Now I tried to FTP into my XBox to transfer some games over, and it will not let me connect to the Xbox, why??????

My Ip address used to be 192.168.0.3, now it changed to 192.168.1.100.  So I changes that under my SmartFTP, and it won't connect!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Cargasm

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »

Okay it says I'm connected but I cannot see any folders.  What should I do?

Is there anyway to change back to EvoX, or am I screwed?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 03:52:00 PM »

just load up evox with your settings from DVD/CD and connect to ftp, change it back

Cargasm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »

How do I do that?  Do I just burn EvoX to a CDRW and place it into my XBox tray?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 04:04:00 PM »

if your box will read cdrw, yes,  just burn the evox.ini and evox (make sure you name it to default.xbe)

Cargasm

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »

Doing this will this erase my HDD as all?

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »

It won't erase anything, unless you explicitly tell it to format.

shank69xo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »

No it won't erase your HD

Cargasm

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »

How do I make sure it won't format...

rob1309

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 04:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (Johnrx86 @ Nov 27 2003, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (Cargasm @ Nov 28 2003, 12:55 AM)
How do I do that?  Do I just burn EvoX to a CDRW and place it into my XBox tray?

plz RTFM

damn straight! smile.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 05:26:00 PM »

You can easily change your IP from the Settings option without leaving your xbox. It probably requires you to reboot before the change takes effect. You are using 192.168.0.x, and the config.xml was configured to use 192.168.1.100. You can never connect with this configuration. Change your Xbox IP to match that of your network/PC to connect.

If you want to change back to Evox, fire up File Explorer and rename UnleasX to something else, then rename evox back to evoxdash.xbe. This should straighten things out for you.

Try to use UnleashX as an app first until you get comfortable with it. It's designed with safety first in mind, so it's hardly gonna mess up your xbox.

Cargasm

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Nov 28 2003, 03:26 AM)
You can easily change your IP from the Settings option without leaving your xbox. It probably requires you to reboot before the change takes effect. You are using 192.168.0.x, and the config.xml was configured to use 192.168.1.100. You can never connect with this configuration. Change your Xbox IP to match that of your network/PC to connect.

If you want to change back to Evox, fire up File Explorer and rename UnleasX to something else, then rename evox back to evoxdash.xbe. This should straighten things out for you.

Try to use UnleashX as an app first until you get comfortable with it. It's designed with safety first in mind, so it's hardly gonna mess up your xbox.

Yeah I did what you suggested, and when I use the FTP program it connects but no folders show up.  On UnleshX it says Users: 1 so obviously I'm connected...

I would love to use this dash only if I could the FTP to work....

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Cargasm @ Nov 28 2003, 03:30 AM)
QUOTE (unleashx @ Nov 28 2003, 03:26 AM)

Yeah I did what you suggested, and when I use the FTP program it connects but no folders show up.  On UnleshX it says Users: 1 so obviously I'm connected...

I would love to use this dash only if I could the FTP to work....

Quote from donor. Try and see if this fixes your problem.

QUOTE (moggisan @ Nov 27 2003, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (Donor @ Nov 27 2003, 10:41 PM)
I would have to say, I love this as well.  I do have one problem though.  FTP doesn’t work for me.  I get the same results that I do with nexgen.  I can login but it doesn’t show drives.  It may be a simple fix like deleting some save file or something, but I just don't know.  If I could get the ftp to work I would use this dash as a default at least for a while.
So if anyone has any answers for me please let me know.

Great job I look forward to upcoming stuff.

try turning off a firewall if you're running one

Thanks I did figure it out, I had to turn off the "Show hidden files" option.  I wounder if this will also make nexgen work for me.

ember

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2003, 08:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (Cargasm @ Nov 28 2003, 01:51 AM)

Okay it says I'm connected but I cannot see any folders.  What should I do?

if you're using IE 5.0 then you have to upgrade it to IE 5.5 or later. I just came to this problem last night and solved after upgrade to IE 6.0

ember

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Cargasm @ Nov 28 2003, 01:51 AM)

Okay it says I'm connected but I cannot see any folders.  What should I do?

if you're using IE 5.0 then you have to upgrade it to IE 5.5 or later. I just came to this problem last night and solved after upgrade to IE 6.0 pop.gif
Pages: [1] 2