xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Unleashx  (Read 1650 times)

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Nov 27 2003, 10:50 PM)
1) Screen Capture. How does this work? In the doc file that comes with the skins it says "press left trigger + black" I tried this but I can't find a captured file anywhere. Does it put them in the folder where your xbe is? is "left trigger + black" correct? (I tried every other possible combination as well)

I couldnt get this to work either - the screenshots I posted, I took with the xdk.

Hopefully a seperate forum will be opened shorlty for this new dash, should be easier for people to post their individual files.

Please see my post above. All the pics from the docs was taken using screen capture. It's either in Z, Y, or X and named Image_000x.bmp.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (funkydub @ Nov 27 2003, 11:29 PM)
keyboard support? huh ?
my keyboard works in everything apart from this

Really? Gotta check this one out. Anyways, unlike Xbox-Linux, I don't have/implement my own USB driver. I'm relying on the xbox to detect it.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (Slingky @ Nov 27 2003, 11:32 PM)
please help me setup custom icons...

all games show correctly but only with embedded icon...

i tried to put a screenshot in both png and jpg format in each game directory and i named it Icon.png and Icon.jpg.... but still the embedded icon.

Please help, what's missing ?

Try editing items.xml and place your custom icon in AltIcon attribute. I'll add the feature to modify this settings right from your xbox with the upcoming release.

Just so you know, you can also add an icon to your root menu. Just add the Icon attribute to your menu items. ATM, you'd have to do this manually, but like I said, I'll add that feature in.

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »

Passwords, Thank the DEVs almighty, we have PWs at last!!!

ehb

take that lil kids!

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Serious Sam @ Nov 28 2003, 02:19 AM)
Excellent dashbaord!  smile.gif  Only problem i found was that it wont launch games that are on G: partition.
Yes I have Use G: Drive enabled and Yes I added  the path in the xml to where my games are on G:
<List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:Games</Path>
<Path>F:Games</Path>
<Path>G:Games</Path>

Games show in the Games menu but when you press A to launch nothing happens.

Besides that its a great dashboard! and i know once they work out all the bugs this dash will rule!!  smile.gif

I'll have to take a look. Though, if it's something out of the ordinary, I'm afraid, I'm gonna have a hard time since I don't have a large HD ATM.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2003, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (XDelusion @ Nov 28 2003, 03:31 AM)
The RESET option inside the settings section locks up my XBOX, but the one on the Main menu is fine, which is the important thing. smile.gif

Any I've only found that bug, aside of that, it is replacing Evox for me unless I can find something that makes me want to switch back, and thus far I am not finding it.

Awsome work man, very awsome!

The Reset inside the settings menu is for FTP and Network. Resetting the network stack takes a while and could lock up your xbox.

Glad to hear you liked it.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Nov 28 2003, 03:40 AM)
heh, evox has already been blown away by avalaunch, so i think their who you have to compete with, or atleast who you will be compared with if your not trying to compete.

looks good so far, and competition is always good.. just dont take a year to add a minor feature like evox andyou might have a future.. BTW games menu needs to be repositioned, cut off game names isint too good smile.gif

You can't blow away Evox that easily unless you have a replacement for each and every feature of it. Like IGR, among other things. sure IGR is available for TeamX BIOS users but there a more than a handfull of xboxes that still uses Enigma/Extender/X1...etc. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing biggrin.gif .

Some games can have a very long name, indeed. So unless you reposition the menu location and change the size, some text would be truncated. Of course, having a widescreen settings helps alleviate the problem but it doesn't solve it.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2003, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Nov 28 2003, 03:57 AM)
ok feedback.

the interface and fonts are funky... the same kind of funkyness that keeps me from every considering MXM a dash. cant explain it

the left stick goes down but dosent come back up

the extra skins you included, arent what you call great.

besides that, not bad for a start

The interface is funcky? In what way? I guess I'll have to manually edit the fonts to make it sharp enough. But If you happen to see the docs, the screen capture that I took have a very sharp fonts, so, I really don't know what's going on with that.

the extra skins you included, arent what you call great.

I mentioned this in the docs that graphics isn't really my forte' and I recognize the fact that the skins are far from being great. It's just a proof of concept to show that it works.  smile.gif

avengingangel

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2003, 06:32:00 PM »

I can't seem to find the IGR for unleash-x  ???
It's by far my favorite xbox dashboard but if there's no In Game Reset then I'll have to go back to Evox until one is implemented in here

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »

Okay, it just occured to me that the docs for skin text source was left out. Anyways, here are some of them:

"DVDTitle"
"C_Free"
"C_Total"
"E_Free"
"E_Total"
"F_Free"
"F_Total"
"G_Free"
"G_Total"
"C_FreeMB"
"C_TotalMB"
"E_FreeMB"
"E_TotalMB"
"F_FreeMB"
"F_TotalMB"
"G_FreeMB"
"G_TotalMB"
"Time"
"Date"
"DateTime"
"NickName"
"CPUTemp"
"MBTemp"
"CPUTempC"
"MBTempC"
"CPUTempF"
"MBTempF"
"SongName"
"SoundTrack"
"SongTime"
"Tray"
"DVDType"
"VideoMode"
"IP"
"Subnet"
"Gateway"
"DNS1"
"DNS2"
"AppVersion"
"MAC"
"Version"
"HDDKey"
"SerialNum"
"NumClient" -Number of FTP client currently connected
"ChipID"
"Newsfeed"
"LaunchMode"
"FanSpeed"
"Thread"     -Number of worker thread currently running

I have a few more like, number of uploaded/downloaded files, number of failed uploaded/downloaded files, bytes sent and received...among other things.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (avengingangel @ Nov 28 2003, 04:32 AM)
I can't seem to find the IGR for unleash-x  ???
It's by far my favorite xbox dashboard but if there's no In Game Reset then I'll have to go back to Evox until one is implemented in here

Yes, there is no IGR feature unless you're using an X2 BIOS, and I don't know if there ever will be. IGR built-in on dash is Evox unique feature. That's why it's gonna be hard to replace Evox for old modchip users.  wink.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »

To all of you scratching your head trying to make Memory Unit work. I've added a few optimization so your Xbox don't get tolled from frequently querying the devices attached to it. This affected the way memory unit gets detected so it probably won't show up on file manager and ftp.

I've already fixed this and will be included in the next release.

Robolize

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2003, 06:49:00 PM »

wink.gif

avengingangel

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Nov 27 2003, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (avengingangel @ Nov 28 2003, 04:32 AM)
I can't seem to find the IGR for unleash-x  ???

Yes, there is no IGR feature unless you're using an X2 BIOS, and I don't know if there ever will be. IGR built-in on dash is Evox unique feature. That's why it's gonna be hard to replace Evox for old modchip users.  wink.gif

I'm using the X2 4977 BIOS ....
Can you please tell me what the IGR is ?
I've always used L+R trigger +black button to reset my games...
I'm using a Matrix in one xbox and a chameleon in the other.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2003, 06:55:00 PM »

LT RT Back Black, or LT RT Back Start
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10