xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Best Hacks  (Read 43 times)

mkjones

• Archived User
The Best Hacks
« on: April 05, 2004, 12:58:00 AM »

smile.gif that IMO is a MUST for anyone smile.gif

But whats the "games in memory menu" like?
Do the games load like game saves? With icons and all that? If so that would be cool, but its a LOT of code tongue.gif

I also tried to Hide the clock, but it didnt quite work? what is the best way to make this happen?? onLoad?

Loading Media Center with the "dirty disk" error is also genuis tongue.gif but I doubt I would use it...

Now GAME ICONS! thats where the money is laugh.gif  I would really love to get this working when I get my new HD, but can it be made any simpler? It all looks like so much hassle sad.gif

Also, Is it worth doing all this or waiting for tHc full??

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
The Best Hacks
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

If you're using tHc as your primary dash, then yes, the code modifications are worth it.  LIke you said, the 5th button is good.  Hiding the clock is also very simple; check the thread at the top of the forum for how to do that (comment out "ShowClock()" in the init function).  I wrote some code that allows you to control the background music with the MS remote; very handy for me.  

You can also check out fuckdb's patches for powering off without an external XBE, and his patch for taking screenshots.  There's a lot to do, and if you're a programmer, more is always better.