xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thc Dash Auto Config Menus  (Read 66 times)

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
Thc Dash Auto Config Menus
« on: January 06, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

Back again!  Just realized I couldn't screen capture with the XDK cuz the debug bios doesnt support g jester.gif !  Anyway, I'm still having the same problem:  I have an HDDLoader folder on F with all my games in it.  My ms dash auto configs perfect, but when I rip a game to g with HDDLoader there must be a problem with it scanning 2 drives cuz the menu is tilted off to the side and I cant access my games until i delete the HDDLoader folder off of g.  I've talked to jbone or gcue (can't remember which one) and they said they dont have a large enough HD to test the dash with g.  Can someone help!  I'd be willing to be a guinea pig for testing the tHc dash with the G partition.  Thx.

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

bump...anybody using the dash with the g partition?

kanaberra

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frag Daddy @ Jan 7 2004, 07:32 AM)
I've talked to jbone or gcue (can't remember which one) and they said they dont have a large enough HD to test the dash with g.  Can someone help!  I'd be willing to be a guinea pig for testing the tHc dash with the G partition.  Thx.

sorry, me too, not tested yet 'cause no g: or big hdd available on my unique box lol. You told it to experts like tHc team or fuckdb (who made the correspondong multipatch4920)... after that i cant say more w/ my own XP wink.gif

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 05:45:00 AM »

Thx a lot vision.  This will work in the meantime while I try to get a hold of thc and find out how this can be fixed.

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

No need for this thread anymore.  I just received a default.xap from jbone which allowed me to see my games on g!  This fix is already implemented in the final release which is due out this weekend.  It's amazing what happens when one little letter is off  rotfl.gif

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif

jacobesterque

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »

here is a hypothetical:

lets say that in bot the f:\ drive and g:\ drive you have a folder called xboxgames.  if you were to set up the games folder in the dash to look for xboxgames, since it searches all partitions for the file structure, would it show the contents of both drives in one big list?

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (jacobesterque @ Feb 4 2004, 09:59 AM)
here is a hypothetical:

lets say that in bot the f:\ drive and g:\ drive you have a folder called xboxgames.  if you were to set up the games folder in the dash to look for xboxgames, since it searches all partitions for the file structure, would it show the contents of both drives in one big list?

now - yes biggrin.gif

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 08:20:00 AM »

Hi,

Well, I have multiple tHc dashes on my xbox, and have them all configured to my liking.  I told my games menu to search in the folder "HDD Loader" for games.  I recently ran out of room on my f drive, so I put a game on  my g drive.  Now I have two HDDLoader folders, one on f and on g, but when I go to my games menu, it's tilted off to the side and none of my games show up.  Is there anyway to fix other than not saving games to g?

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »

bump biggrin.gif

Encrypted

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

i have the hacked THC also but mine cant see the F: partition. Only the folders on E: i recently got a new hard drive for my xbox and it made the F: partition the biggest so i move my games folder to the F: but it doesn't show up UNLESS i use x-select and place the xboxdash in the F: partiontion. How do i get the dash to see the F: partition without using x-select?

fuckdb

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »

Well common F & G partitions are not supported in the official MS Dash.

So I decided to inject some code to map them to unused letters drive by the dash, now you can use the N and O letters to acces F or G respectively.

This hack is embeded in the tHc Dashboard for a while now wink.gif so:

Have Phun !!!

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2003, 04:21:00 PM »

Thx, but this still doesn't solve my problem.

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »

Thx, i'll be sure to contact one of them.  When I get back from vacation, i'll post a pic...maybe that will help.  Thx for ur help!