xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mini-tutorial On Thc Pre-release Dash Installation  (Read 335 times)

spillage

• Archived User
Mini-tutorial On Thc Pre-release Dash Installation
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

It is a great dash, I especially like the music feature, something I have wanted for a while. But none of my games show up and half the apps boot back to mxm. What gives?

discworld

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »

is there .xbe named default.xbe
tHc only loads those. Also - the .xbe must be on the top level of its folder.

Anyone know any decent tuts for skinning the xbox? I need one for xboxdash.net and all the people on mIRC who ask...

Dephyre

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004, 03:23:00 AM »

Each colour requires another installation.

philly_b

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »

ok i am also having problems with all the banks coming up blank, and it asking for a password if i push the A button, i put all files in C drive, and also tried putting all files in C drive with thc.data folder also in C drive, tried red and blue dashs, both do the same thing.

do i need a certain Live dash for this to work?

Invader Zog

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

I just installed THC 1.0 10027100 and am having some problems. When it starts up, I just see "Music" "Memory" and "Settings". I can't seem to get a hard drive option. Any suggestions?

kanaberra

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (Invader Zog @ Jan 22 2004, 12:48 AM)
I just installed THC 1.0 10027100 and am having some problems. When it starts up, I just see "Music" "Memory" and "Settings". I can't seem to get a hard drive option. Any suggestions?

did ya have c:/xodash available on ya box ?
if not, do so to have 4 menus items wink.gif
use an "xodash" from same version (10027100)... or create your own (search on forum, a tut is in a post)...

Invader Zog

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (kanaberra @ Jan 23 2004, 07:21 AM)
QUOTE (Invader Zog @ Jan 22 2004, 12:48 AM)

did ya have c:/xodash available on ya box ?
if not, do so to have 4 menus items wink.gif
use an "xodash" from same version (10027100)... or create your own (search on forum, a tut is in a post)...

I'm not terribly familiar w/ how the dashboards work. I still have the original Dashboard my Xbox 1.0 shipped with. It had no fonts folder and no xodash folder. I tried to search the forums for xodash, but couldn't find anything explaining how to create my own.  Any more pointers?

Do I need up upgrade my dashboard?

Thanks

kanaberra

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

wink.gif
  • Apply a skin on configured dashboard

I put it in here, 'cause its pinned & i've got feedback from 16 persons now w/ AND w/o dash skills who are confirming that by following the tut step by step, it workx lol
    Ive updated da tut w/ some received comments & Ill update it so far I receive any other constructive feedback wink.gif

Invader Zog::: so now to your c:/xodash, i remember a post who X (sorry 4 him lol ) said to create this dir on your box (so its empty wink.gif and in this dir create a simply txt (empty i guess) and rename it to X ... that will simulate the live and so the 4th button (3rd in fact) will be shown... ok let me time to search this post on xs FOR YOU wink.gif

PS: I'll add soon a new page on my site called "faq" w/ question like that or "how to boot from F"... will probably be nothin else than a collection of forums posts wink.gif

microsizeboy

• Archived User
    « Reply #23 on: February 01, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

blink.gif

The LukeMan

• Archived User
    « Reply #24 on: February 02, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

jacobesterque

• Archived User
    « Reply #25 on: February 03, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »

IT IS possible to get the dash to completely or even partially run off of the f:\ or g:\ drive.  unmodified, the .xbe file will look for all of the required files in the C:\ drive.  i have an old chip with an old bios that can not be changed.  my chip looks for evoxdash.xbe in the c:\ drive and then the xboxdash.xbe in the c:\ drive.  so what i did was rename the .xbe file the starts the thc dash to evoxdash.xbe in the c:\ drive and then modified it so it can look for all the files in the f:\ drive ... hence a partially modification.

if you would like to see the tutorial for modifying the thc to look for files in different partitions, go HERE.

KYLE_A

• Archived User
    « Reply #26 on: February 04, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

ok this is a odd problem. Im using the font hack to run evox. I set up the evox ini to use the blue thc dashboard, and it goes into it just fine. I begin to go through the setup and when it gets to the second step my box halts an an error 21. Then I decided to add the setupcompete line in. with this i am able to access the music and memory sections, but when i select hard drive or settings it gives me the error 21 just like the setup did. Does anyone know what is wronge with it?

KYLE_A

• Archived User
    « Reply #27 on: February 04, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

biggrin.gif One more question though. Is there a way replace the msdash with this one on a xbox using the font exploit.

Antii

• Archived User
    « Reply #28 on: February 10, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

For those with the font mod who want to use the latest thc with playlist (seeing there is no font hack release) just download the ver you want (not the font ver) and patch it (with the playlist patch).. then hex edit it and replace all the .xtf. Just read a tut on getting ms dashboard working with font hack, follow it but do it to the patched thc dash and it will work fine with playlist and whatnot

This one confused me for a while.

ImOkRuOk

• Archived User
    « Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 04:52:00 AM »

Ya, dont forget, it's .xft not just xft:)
    Pages: 1 [2] 3 4