xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dash Skin Help  (Read 46 times)

blkdvl

• Archived User
Dash Skin Help
« on: November 13, 2003, 07:42:00 PM »

i downloaded a skin off allxboxskins and i just want to kno how to install it...........it says i need the files from "c:xboxdashdata" but i dont have that dir.........and how do i get the 10027100 Dashboard?

Umphrey2k3

• Archived User
Dash Skin Help
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 09:22:00 PM »

is there anyway to update my dashboard because i dont have a xboxlive switch, and well i dont have xboxlive either... lol

-Natas-

• Archived User
Dash Skin Help
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »

Slayer's auto installer 2.1 and 2.5 both have Live dashes on them. 2.5 is a newer version of the dash then 2.1.

-Natas-

• Archived User
Dash Skin Help
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (timbo_1000 @ Nov 14 2003, 01:43 AM)
To install that or any skin you need to have a hacked dash.
Hacked dash patches are about but only work on the newer dashes such as the one you mentioned.
To update your 'official' m$ dash you need a quite recent online game and then manually run the update.xbe file on that disc.This will do the update for you. Beware of some really new games such as Colin McRae 04 as some delete all xbe files from c drive other than the dash it puts on as it updates.
Then you need the music easy config patch and the gcue true blue patch and to apply them correctly.
Then finally you'll be able to use that skin.

good luck !
hope you manage it all.

timbo

Thanks....I'm new to this dash hacking and was trying to get a MK skin to install yesterday but could not and now I know why.  wink.gif