xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Anybody Know How To Ftp Music  (Read 113 times)

Lonny

• Archived User
Does Anybody Know How To Ftp Music
« on: October 10, 2003, 01:56:00 PM »

Can you ftp songs into the xbox dash instead of ripping them?

Dankbud

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »

Yup, soundtrack editor is what to use, way faster then ripping em!

Dramlin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 03:16:00 PM »

grr.gif  Beware of soundtrack editor.... everyone was recomending it so i downloaded it. I signed on to my box and it pulled up my soundtrack information, it did EVERYTHING wrong, (out of 100 songs it only showed me 12) and it said i had like 30 soundtracks. Everything looked weird so i shut ST editor down and went into my ms dash...

Soundtrack editor deleted ALL of my songs! that piece of @$!%!

grrr... beware of soundtrack editor  grr.gif

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (Dramlin @ Oct 10 2003, 07:16 PM)
grr.gif  Beware of soundtrack editor.... everyone was recomending it so i downloaded it. I signed on to my box and it pulled up my soundtrack information, it did EVERYTHING wrong, (out of 100 songs it only showed me 12) and it said i had like 30 soundtracks. Everything looked weird so i shut ST editor down and went into my ms dash...

That's really strange... I've used it flawlessly for over 50 cd's worth of wma music...

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 06:05:00 PM »

Well i can testify to it having some crappy bugs, but its still a great app and i use it all the time.  Music in XBMP has never worked right for me.  Always get some kind of artifacts in songs.

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2003, 03:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (GuyBrush @ Oct 11 2003, 06:18 AM)
I can't even get it to connect to evox dash. sad.gif Flashfxp connects fine Soundtrack editor bombs out....

any ideas, all setting are correct but it just wont work/connect..................................

Of course the obvious... make sure your user name and password are correct...  I haven't tried it with the lastest version of the EvoX dash... but I know it did work with previous versions...  I use it all the time with MXM v9n...

GuyBrush

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »

sad.gif

mavmf

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (Dramlin @ Oct 10 2003, 11:16 PM)

I just had this problem. I had my e:tdatafffe0000musicst.db file backed up, so I just copied that back over, and presto, all my soundtracks reappeared  biggrin.gif

Dramlin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 02:48:00 PM »

I just had this problem. I had my e:tdatafffe0000musicst.db file backed up, so I just copied that back over, and presto, all my soundtracks reappeared

I wasnt so fortunate, the last backup i made was over a month ago. And sadly the program didnt just delete my st.db.. it deleted the entire fffe0000 folder!  Bah, it created the problem but it also kinda helped me fix it by putting in songs from my backup.  Still though, what a pain... grr.gif

Lonny

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

Will this effect my Xbox live account? Does it mess with any of the dash files. I dont want to get banned from live.

Lonny

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

I just like live because u dont have to messaround with the computer at all. You just connect and bam you can play right away.