xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Car Lock Sound  (Read 131 times)

EBear

• Archived User
Car Lock Sound
« on: September 29, 2003, 12:22:00 AM »

Anyone notice how when you set the password for the parental control feature you get a cool little "Eeet-Ooot" sound (similar to a car lock)? I think it sounds cool and would add some variety to the dash. Anyone have any idea (or have the code) on how to use this for the password lock feature (by nikejustdoitok?). I would love to hear this when the correct password is entered. Thanks!

EBear

• Archived User
Car Lock Sound
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »

...bump...I have searched the other xaps for different "playsound_();"s but I cant find anything anywhere near the parental lock feature. This SEEMS like it would be easy...if I could find the command that runs that specific sound then I could at least set it to the last button press in the password (but it would be cooler if the sound is played when the correct password is entered.) Anyone at least know what the sound is called? Anyone else interested in something like this? (I know its small but it just seems neat:)  

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Car Lock Sound
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 08:33:00 AM »

im working on it now, give me a few minutes

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Car Lock Sound
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 08:51:00 AM »

ok easily done....
open submenu.xap in the default.xip....

search for
CODE
menuvar.QuestionText.text = "You have entered the correct password...rPress any key to continue.";

add in directly below that line (above CorrectPasswordEntered = "true";)
CODE
theSettingsParentSound.Play();

save, and reup the default.xip..... try er out :)

the sound plays as soon as the last button is pressed in the password combo.

let me know if thats what you wanted.

This post has been edited by SniperKilla: Sep 29 2003, 03:55 PM

EBear

• Archived User
Car Lock Sound
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

You are the man! That was EXACTLY what I wanted! Thanks so much! I was looking at that line because it had parent in it but it threw me off because it wasn't like the other play sounds so I didn't try it. I know nothing about programming but I'm starting to understand how this works a little more. Thanks again!! Works great!!