xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Totally Confused.  (Read 74 times)

Dankbud

• Archived User
Totally Confused.
« on: September 15, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »

blink.gif

Heet

• Archived User
Totally Confused.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 06:01:00 AM »

This took me a few hours to figure out everything just like it did when i was editing suits for doax.  You have to sit down and read a lot, go get the various tools, and try and fail several times. It is very tedious and time consuming but it is WELL worth the effort.  If you are having problems patching, then put all your xips and xbe in a folder.  Now it will try and create a directory, then it says "do you want to create bla bla?"  YOu say yes, then it says invalid xbe or default.xip.  And you think you are all shitty.  Just put all those xips and xbe into that new 10027100 folder that IT created.  Then run the patch again.  Viola.  Now onto configuring.  Get Xap editor, then go edit the config in the default.xip.  Then set what you want in the default xap, IN the default xip.  YOu can set the speed of the background by adjusting the rpm, just type rpm in the search bar of the Xap editor and it takes you right to it.  If you want the background to continuously spin in one direction, change weaver (or waver?) to spinner.  It is just above the value you just changed for the rpm.  Follow slushies tut to find out which xbx to inject into what xip.  This can be as easy or complicated as you want to make it.  You can mount your new xbe's on F or E very easily but it requires hex editors and other tools.  If you want to change the location of the xbe just change the partitian to that location.  Type in "xboxdashdata" into the ACII string search box, go file, open, open your xbe, then edit, then find (depending on your editor, i like Hackman, and its free) then type in what i said.  Then change the name of the folder to "xboxdashblue" or whatever and if you want the xbe to be on F, but the data folder to be on C, just leave the partition as 2.  I know it seems really tough, especially if you have never used these tools, but you have to keep trying.  Thing is Voltaic, Gcue, Jbone, Slushie, dfunked, bigganja, fuckdb, sector3, and all the other guys that are hard at work on this went to a hella lot more trouble then this little editing shit we are doing.  Go to #xboxdash in IRC and watch and listen.  Questions are okay but i found that i learned more if i sat back and watched the convo's.  One thing.  Back your shit up!

turtletrax

• Archived User
Totally Confused.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »

Thanks man, this should help allot. I had tried for a day solid and was getting nowhere fast, so I thought I had better ask at least one question.

Peace out.

Turtle