xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Easiest Way To Do Color Mods  (Read 70 times)

Lightning|Striker

• Archived User
Easiest Way To Do Color Mods
« on: September 14, 2003, 11:53:00 AM »

Ok, this is just for n00bs who want to do color mods, without all the other stuff..

1st step: Download HeXbe

2nd: Boot to evox and make sure you have  an IP address

3rd: open XeXbe

4th: choose you custom colors!!!

5th: click the "patch Xbe (ftp)" button, looks like a lightning bolt

6th: enter your xbox's IP address

7th: Click Patch

8th: There is no 8th...

Enjoy!

Oh, the one thing is...the preview isn't programmed into HeXbe...so you need to just change, ftp it, and see how it looks

nickhoge

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »

u prolly know this but,

I tried it (I allready knew how to do it) though everytime I try and mod the xbe, my dash won't load.

so I think:

DO I need a clean dash to do this, can't I just mod the "True_Blue_MsDash_Patcher_10027100.rar"

coz the selection bar of that one is still greenish, I wanna make it blue, but it hangs before entering dash

thx

Lightning|Striker

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »

works for me, just make sure you actually have a modded xbox...the font exploits dont seem to want to load it for me. just try patching it through the ftp command.,...should be simple. and i think you need a clean dash.

hedbig

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »

if you do color mods will xblive work?

nickhoge

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 04:27:00 AM »

ok, I got the xbe shit to work, but still, I changed all the colors to some sort of blue, and still I have the problem that the bar which is selected, is lighted GREEN. I hate to see that, and I see screenshots of everyone else that it's blue.

So my question:

How can I get it all to be blue, instead of the one green Bar :S

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 04:33:00 AM »

thats cuz you always need to do the mainmenu5, music2, settings3, bla bla bla xbx's.  YOu have to inject those into the corresponding Xip's or you will have those colors from whatever dash is in "C".  Read Slushies tut for a full explanation of what im talking about.

* There are two things that are messing people up bout this dash moddin.  One thing is, unless you hex the dash's xbe to point to a different 10027100 folder, its gonna point to that same live folder in C.  So if you have say, xboxgreen.xbe, xboxblue.xbe, xboxhalo.xbe, they will all look at the same damn 10027100 folder unless you mod those xbe's themselves with a hex editor.

Another thing people are messin up with is the patching itself.  They make a folder, called whatever, usually "new folder", then they put all the xips and xbe in it and try to patch.  Thats when you get an error and its because you need to have all of that stuff in a folder called "10027100".  When it fails it makes a 10027100 folder so just put all the goodies in that and all will be good.

nickhoge

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 04:40:00 AM »

ok, nevermind, I found the problem

the gamehilite.xbx needed to be replaced

thnx for the help anyway

BigGanja

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »

tongue.gif

BigGanja

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 01:09:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Thats EasiLy done LoL

PeaCE

Dankbud

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (BigGanja @ Sep 17 2003, 10:09 AM)
heXbe,

look around as theres a link to a site with all the heXbe colour  locations somewhere

Here http://rix.dagon.fre...article&artid=1

Plz dont complain that its not in english, but im sure u will get the jist of it biggrin.gif

Thats EasiLy done LoL

PeaCE

thanx man. i think this will work out for me. seems self explanatory.....im guessing that "InnerWall_01 (2)" is the wire grid im talking about.. im not home right now so i cant check it out...but thanx BG