xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems With Xboxdash-hacked V1.1-thc  (Read 79 times)

toyato89

• Archived User
Problems With Xboxdash-hacked V1.1-thc
« on: September 10, 2003, 01:43:00 PM »

tongue.gif

I have made copies in a new folder of all the original "fresh" dash files I have from a few months back when when I originally backed up my C: and E: drives to do Evox.

As per the instructions, I ran the Base Model Patcher 1012a700 on them, and it says "The File C:Documents and Settings...blah...blah...xboxdash.xbe is not a valid previous version and could be upgraded."

This is the original 1012a700 xboxdash.xbe file. It works when I load it up through evox, no problems. No modifications of any kind have been done to this or any other xap, xip etc file in the xboxdash.1012a700 folder.

I have tried a number of things including copying a new file over from the original backup folder and shortening the path ("C:xboxdash" instead of "C:Docuements and Settings...blah...blah...xboxdash") and to no avail. I'm running XP Pro if that makes a difference.

Is there perhaps an error in the release? I can't seem to figure this one out. I got gcue's Blue Dash patch to work after a few tries, but this isn't the same as editing in notepad and WinXIP'ing yourself.

Any ideas as to why this won't work??

Thanks,
toyato89

galt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 02:12:00 PM »

Exactly the same issue for me as well, just for kicks I tried the 7100 release as well. Also running Win XP

gamefeen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »

Bump

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 04:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (toyato89 @ Sep 10 2003, 10:43 PM)

As per the instructions, I ran the Base Model Patcher 1012a700 on them, and it says "The File C:Documents and Settings...blah...blah...xboxdash.xbe is not a valid previous version and could be upgraded."

either there are 2 versions of the 1012a700 xbe or you got the older first release of the patcher. the main thread for this patcher updated the news that the new functional patcher was released yesterday fixing this problem. tested and fully functional by ppl that had had the issue you described.

the releases real thread...

pEAcE
JbOnE

toyato89

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

wicked! downloading the new patches now

thanks!