xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: About Live Update For True Blue  (Read 75 times)

NeoCverA

• Archived User
About Live Update For True Blue
« on: September 09, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »

I am really excited and interested in using the true blue patcher but i have some questions

So far all the information ive read deal with getting started on the True Blue with the assumption that we have the Live dashboard.

My question deals with setting up our box with the live dashboard BUT also keeping the old functionality it had before the dashboard upgrad ie. Evox loading at startup.

Is there information that shows how to prepare our xboxes to get started on the TrueBlue stuff.....?

Please dont say "pop in a game that is xbox-live and update"

its not that simple and dont insult me. Im fully aware that by updating my dashboard with LIVE i loose functionality of my harddrive and accessing it. Im an old school chip user (xtendor) so i dont flash my bios, have a big ass hd, etc. etc.

If anyone can provide a link or the information that explains how to Prepare my xbox for the True blue hacking, i would appreciate it.

waltlove

• Archived User
About Live Update For True Blue
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

If your asking if it's possible to do the True_Blue_mod without updating to Live... YES... I simply used the standard Doc's an left out the part about the live tab(which really aren't any just a warning)... One issue you might have is that if you haven't updated your BIos I'm assuming you have the Evox.xbe named xboxdash.xbe since that's the only way it will boot... the danger in this is that if you mess up your New hacked dash you might lose the ability to boot your box like I did once (messed up my default.xap). Fortunatly I had flashed my bios with 4978 so I could FTP in an change the files back... be careful... I would say don't try it unless you have a back way in... second hard drive something. Now when I'm making changes an testing I launch my changes from EvoX so if it doesn't work... I can still get in.