xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Msxboxdash Blue Customization  (Read 128 times)

viperman3

• Archived User
Msxboxdash Blue Customization
« on: August 23, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

I think you should be able to modify the file as the path does it's work on the xboxdash.xbe file.  There are still some xbx files that need to be inserted in the appropriate xip files to get the dash to have a more "complete" blue look.

vm3

Xtech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 07:21:00 AM »

You can use xbx files with an xdu dash, just dont edit the xap files (they will be overwritten, the next time you use the program).

Just make sure that the xbx files have the same name as the originals.

New xdash Utilities will be out in a few days, and will support "true" color mods within the application, as well as a plug-in for no-resign (compliments of Vulgusprofanum, Gcue and of course Voltaic)

nadnerb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 08:43:00 AM »

does anyone know what the true blue patch does?
i dont have the LIVE dash so i cant use it, but i really want the blue (or red) dash.

if i know what it does i could try and do it manually.
is it just hex editing the xbe?
Gcue?

[deetee]

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 03:14:00 AM »

nadnerb: Just use a game you have, that can connect to Live! - Like.. Tiger woods, knights of the old republic, etc. When you try connecting to Live it will automatically download the new live bios given you have connected it to yor network and internet. Then you can apply the patches, since you have the Live Bios after that.

GRiFFBALL

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

rightr this is so confusing so im an adventurous newb to msdash customization and i need to know three things:
1)do i need live to do any dash modifications?
2)if not can i do any colour patches without live?
3)i keep hearing people say xboxdashdata but my xbox doesnt have that all the xips are on the root of c is this ok? can i still modify them?
i sure hope so

andy_dope

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »

I was wonderin about point 3 you made too... my box has the xip on the root of C and everyones talkin about a folder or file or somethin...

bump

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »

when all files are in the root c: that means that you have an old dash version, run a live game and go the the xbox live section to update the dash whether you have live or not

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 11:07:00 PM »

you can still use live with the patches, you just need to hex edit the hacked dash to lead to a different foldername, and also have all original stuff untouched, i have this setup now