xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How People Feel...  (Read 403 times)

SlackNet

• Archived User
How People Feel...
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

Just keep up the good works that we have all seen to date. Build it and they will come.

Yuyu

• Archived User
How People Feel...
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

So is this the time to ask when BJ and UX are going to work on a co-developed Xbox project, whether it be a dash or other app ??

They both got the skills to pay the bills (which I'm sure their skills easily pay the bills), so why not combine the  talent, vision, and knowledge of 2 very great guys?

I can dream, now can't I ???

BenJeremy

• Archived User
How People Feel...
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 02:28:00 AM »

blink.gif

Actually, I think it would be great to work with UX on a project.... but it would likely NOT be MXM or UX, but rather an all new project. MXM is rather clunky inthe code, and as these things go, I find my self working through some amazing contortions to make some things work and still remain backwards compatible. I imagine we both see many things we would do differently, given the chance to start afresh.

...so for me, that means getting MXM to 1.0 - a stable, "feature complete" version - before moving to another project.

pelago

• Recovered User
How People Feel...
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

I must echo what other people have mentioned, that this forum does seem rather quiet in recent months, and I expect a new release would help.

It would be great to see BJ and UX work together on a new project, or at least for BJ to have some help with the code. I'm interested to read BJ's problems with clunky code. One thing that slightly worried me when I first read about ActionScripts is whether MXM was getting too large a project for its own good. I mean, inventing a programming language is not a trivial task, on top of everything else.

I'm just wondering, why did you decide to invent a new language rather than use something like javascript, LUA, or other existing languages?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
How People Feel...
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

Yeah Frustrating I bet

Hey feature freeze and fix bugs in both MXM and unleashX release a new build to the public and then start on a whole dash combining the best of both world into one and with two people working on a combined dash progress would be faster as well. And did I mention the best of both world's

BenJeremy

• Archived User
How People Feel...
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 03:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (pelago @ May 27 2004, 06:54 AM)
I must echo what other people have mentioned, that this forum does seem rather quiet in recent months, and I expect a new release would help.

It would be great to see BJ and UX work together on a new project, or at least for BJ to have some help with the code. I'm interested to read BJ's problems with clunky code. One thing that slightly worried me when I first read about ActionScripts is whether MXM was getting too large a project for its own good. I mean, inventing a programming language is not a trivial task, on top of everything else.

I'm just wondering, why did you decide to invent a new language rather than use something like javascript, LUA, or other existing languages?

Well, it was an outgrowth of the FTP server commands.

To do it fresh, I'd probably start with BASIC and work in a good object system, UI management and multithreading.

Expressions are a pain. ActionScript was intended for very simple operations, so from a parsing standpoint, expressions are difficult to manage.

pelago

• Recovered User
How People Feel...
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 04:05:00 AM »

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. It looks like it sort of grew haphazardly, rather than being planned properly. No offence meant, just an observation!

sublimerewind

• Archived User
How People Feel...
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

From what I can tell, this next version of MXM will delightful.  Being able to do some limited coding for things without having to wrestle with compiling/debugging actual xbox code via actionscripting would be pleasent.  

It hurts to wait for it, but I imagine I'll survive.
Pages: 1 [2]