xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Add Games Not On Your Hdd With Vids  (Read 516 times)

geniusalz

• Archived User
Add Games Not On Your Hdd With Vids
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Apr 4 2004, 08:01 PM)
lost 12lbs in two weeks so far

Congrats
biggrin.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Apr 4 2004, 08:05 PM)

blink.gif

Twas a joke my friend.
Add a "system link" option to it and if the db is located on the xbox, then add Live Enabled and System Link skinning elements/system strings to the skins too.

I too was thinking about this... Maybe a little different though, by the side of each game there are 5 boxes that are ticked or crossed:
System Link
Xbox Live
1-2 Players
1-4 Players
Genre (action etc)

of course these could either be added to the database or it could be a simple addition to the menu.xml
<1to4player>1</1to4player>
means it supports 1 - 4 players
<1to4player>0</1to4player>
means it doesn't.

Wow... I go away for the weekend, and all this activity happens! Man, whenever I did a Friday release, I've usually had to wait until Monday to get any feedback!!

Well y'know, I got that effect on people  jester.gif

trying to lose weight - particularly before my class reunion - lost 12lbs in two weeks so far
Damn!!! Thats good... Ok fess up... what did you do?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Apr 5 2004, 04:16 AM)

Damn!!! Thats good... Ok fess up... what did you do?

Well, it's a combination of low carb and riding my recumbant bike an hour almost every night. I try to get at least 20 miles in every ride, sometimes running over my target in both time and speed.

I haven't ridden the bike in a while because my knee was bothering me, but it's been fine lately, so I didn't have an excuse.  huh.gif Just have to make sure I have good tunes to listen to when riding, and a good book if there's no Red Wings game on.  laugh.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Apr 5 2004, 10:09 AM)
Well, it's a combination of low carb and riding my recumbant bike an hour almost every night. I try to get at least 20 miles in every ride, sometimes running over my target in both time and speed.

I haven't ridden the bike in a while because my knee was bothering me, but it's been fine lately, so I didn't have an excuse.  huh.gif Just have to make sure I have good tunes to listen to when riding, and a good book if there's no Red Wings game on.  laugh.gif

20 miles in an hour??? Thats... 20miles per hour... that fkn fast man!!!
I go for a ride every now and then but never 20 miles... think I'm going to resort to a exercise bike!
Low carbs... that would be hard!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Apr 5 2004, 05:20 AM)
20 miles in an hour??? Thats... 20miles per hour... that fkn fast man!!!
I go for a ride every now and then but never 20 miles... think I'm going to resort to a exercise bike!
Low carbs... that would be hard!

Not too hard when your wife is borderline diebetic... we don't keep a lot of sugar inthe house, which is a major part of it. I've gotten used to drinking diet sodas (Diet Cherry Colas help out a lot), and there are plenty of low carb breads and what not.

Actually, I've been averaging 22mph, and I get bursts up to 30mph during particularly fast paced songs (damned if I can keep that pace throughout the entire song, though). Selecting a good mix of songs is key.

The recumbant is nice.... you can read, sit back... no "hills" to deal with, either. I've put a lot of mileage on it in the three or four years I've owned it, as well as two sets of bearings.

I also have a real balance scale, which helps out a lot too.... bathroom scales SUCK when trying to lose weight, because they allow you to cheat (tilt this way, press that way, viola! lose 10 pounds on the cheap spring scale!). With a medical quality scale, I see my improvements are real and very precise. Very encouraging.

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

wink.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Apr 5 2004, 03:59 PM)
Let's make a USB weighing scale that plugs into the controller port.  Or maybe an exercise bike.  Then you can work on MXM AND lose weight. wink.gif

Actually a usb exercise bike could be pretty good... Like those arcade games where you cycle... I smell homebrew  laugh.gif
And ...wait....i got a good thought coming.... You have to weigh yourself on usb scales before and after, if you haven't lost 3lbs then you can't get off the bike!

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »

laugh.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Apr 5 2004, 04:10 PM)
Call it Dr. C's weight loss program, run a few infomercials, advertise 20 payments of only $49.99 laugh.gif

Lol!!!!
Funny thing is people would actually buy it

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2004, 08:19:00 AM »

I too was thinking about this... Maybe a little different though, by the side of each game there are 5 boxes that are ticked or crossed:
System Link
Xbox Live
1-2 Players
1-4 Players
Genre (action etc)

That would be cool. Especially if some of the more skilled skinners were to implement it.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Apr 5 2004, 05:19 PM)

That would be cool. Especially if some of the more skilled skinners were to implement it.

Well not even the skilled skinners  laugh.gif
Should be simple enough... Because its basically like the description option at the moment, and thats easy enough to use!

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

wink.gif

Anyway, this stuff is great.  Is there an easy way to sort the dvd.xml output by gamename or id?  Going through to see if I have games that are missing from the DB is giving me a headache (though it could be the Zyban I'm taking to quit smoking)  I've got some updates to send to allxboxskins as soon as I can go through my whole list.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (oswald @ Apr 5 2004, 09:39 PM)
Anyway, this stuff is great.  Is there an easy way to sort the dvd.xml output by gamename or id?  Going through to see if I have games that are missing from the DB is giving me a headache (though it could be the Zyban I'm taking to quit smoking)  I've got some updates to send to allxboxskins as soon as I can go through my whole list.

Yeah i agree... I'm just copying the games 1 by one then useing ctrl F on the database site  laugh.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

Anyway, this stuff is great. Is there an easy way to sort the dvd.xml output by gamename or id? Going through to see if I have games that are missing from the DB is giving me a headache (though it could be the Zyban I'm taking to quit smoking) I've got some updates to send to allxboxskins as soon as I can go through my whole list.

the easiest thing to do would be to load the xml and hit CTRL+F and just type in a single word of the title.. or anything close to it.

it could be made sortable,  but only to an extent

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

Isn't Halo spose to be listed as a system link game? Cause it's not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7