xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Progress Bar ?  (Read 126 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Progress Bar ?
« on: March 03, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

Just wondering if in actionscript using the dialogs, if we will have to create the illusion of a progress bar, with multiple images? Or, will MXM have code built into the Dialog UI stuff, where you can call upon a status bar, to display as something is happening ? This could be used for any number of things, during a copying of a game disk, a deletion of items, its just a visual affirmation that something is happening, I love progress bars and I think that they really do whether others think so or not, add a visual flair that is needed when you do certain things with actionscripts such as fromatting drives and other stuff.. ,but what I'm really looking towards is the future if MXM ever supports BIOS flashing, the EvoX progress bar is perfect in this manner...

I guess this is more of a request then, can MXM have a built-in progress bar?  I really think the HD-prep routine could benefit from this, as well as some other internal scripts, as it kind of is like a said really visually assuring that something IS happening ...

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Mar 3 2004, 05:16 PM

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Progress Bar ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

I have most of the ingredients in there for "modeless" operation of dialogs. Progress Bar is one of the controls in my UI spec, so it will get in there.

Essentially, you'll launch a progress dialog and update the progress bar values and text as the script performs actions.

Keep in mind, while that is working, there's no input from the user, since the dialog is modeless. That means no event handling can happen (though you can poll the UI event message queue for events)in the normal fashion. This is discussed briefly in the UI White Paper.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Progress Bar ?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

How about:

COPY d:\* c:\* <progresbarnode in some dialog xml>

This will update the progress bar even when the script is stuck on one line.